Hokies Hooked On Hooker

That is a statement I can support.
I have multiple cousins who are UK grads, and all my Moms side of the family is from outside of Lexington. There is nobody I like to beat more...I cannot countenance losing to them ever. I detest Kentucky Blue, and everything pertaining to that program.

It’s unhealthy.

I have multiple cousins who are UK grads, and all my Moms side of the family is from outside of Lexington. There is nobody I like to beat more...I cannot countenance losing to them ever. I detest Kentucky Blue, and everything pertaining to that program.

It’s unhealthy.

That’s perfectly normal.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Blacksburg is an awesome town. And VT is a fun place to watch games, despite the super annoying key shaking. I’ve got a soft spot for the Hokies and wish they were added to the SEC instead of Missouri.
Blacksburg is fine. Some real good food there. And I won't disagree on having them in the SEC.

Their fans- and arguably the whole program- believe they are way more than they are. Easy example is to look at the stupid empty national championship trophy case they put up.

Then Kentucky gets Urban Meyer or Hugh Freeze?

Freeze would be a big maybe. I dont think he will ever coach in the SEC again after what is did at Ole Miss though.

Urbie will retire, again, once this job causes his health to fail, again. Just a matter of time. just my $0.02.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I decided to peek into the VT forum to see what they thought of Captain Hook. Shaking their heads in wonder mostly. As for their coach, they have an a condition VERY similar to our Pruittitis. I looked at posts in 1 -3 pages. Further along the thread 5> they talk about wanting to hire our Heup.
Hooker……
They should go after Stoops. I bet he'll be open to leaving KY if the right offer comes along, but I'm not sure VT is the destination. If he's offered USC it might be a different story

They should go after Stoops. I bet he'll be open to leaving KY if the right offer comes along, but I'm not sure VT is the destination. If he's offered USC it might be a different story

Stoops has KY by the balls. KY has so rarely had such a level of success for decades as they do in the Stoops era. If he showed interest in some other program, the UK will fight to keep him. As to whether they can compete fund-wise with a serious suitor, I don't know, but they'd try. I predict he will use his fresh new status to bully the UK into upping his salary. Most likely a few months after bowl season, and the fact his recruiting looks really good right now. May it never happen, but if he beats both Tenn. and Fla (one down already) in the same season, the UK will fight harder to keep him. On to of that, if he's even competitive against Ga. and/or Bam-Bam, he calls the salary shots and the UK bows to him Islamic style.

Who would want Stoops? USCe, VT, Rutgers, FL St., and maybe one of the struggling BiG10 schools. But KY would fight tooth and nail for him.

It’s unhealthy.
Why would a Tennessee fan ever care about Kentucky? If you are a national level program you shouldn't care about Kentucky. That says alot about the state of everything right now.

I do think our OC is going to be an attractive option for some teams if the Vols keep putting up these numbers.
Our OC is really just Heupel. I'm sure Golesh has a hand in the gameplan, but it's Heupel's offense and he calls the plays. I could see Golesh leaving at some point to go call plays for someone else.

That would be a great hire for VT.

The only place I could see Stoops leaving for is FSU considering he’s already familiar with that program and has recruiting grounds in the state of Florida.

Whether or not FSU actually considers him is a different story.

Well, all that sounds familiar. Based on the mood of their board, I'd guess Fuente is gone at the end of the season or before the end of next.
I really thought Fuente would do well there. Or anywhere he went. Anyone follow the program enough to know what went wrong?

Our OC is really just Heupel. I'm sure Golesh has a hand in the gameplan, but it's Heupel's offense and he calls the plays. I could see Golesh leaving at some point to go call plays for someone else.

Oh I understand that. But, I get the impression Golesh fully understands the offense and would be capable of implementing it somewhere else.

I really thought Fuente would do well there. Or anywhere he went. Anyone follow the program enough to know what went wrong?
Virginia Tech is Virginia Tech. Hard to recruit to that area, the talent that Beamer could work with from the eastern part of the state is going to Clemson and the SEC, and teams are just better in the ACC than what Memphis had to play week in and week out (and that ain't saying much).

Reactions: LeannaVol
I could live with them beating the hell out of everyone in the ACC. Probably one of the teams I hate the least.
You don't hate them because UT doesn't play them regularly. As a GT fan they are the most obnoxious in the conference. They used to have a spot reserved for their future national championship trophy. Yes, because they currently have ZERO championships! They won a bunch of division titles when they first joined the ACC but basically have no history of success outside of 1995-2015. Yet they act like they're the New York Yankees of the ACC...

You don't hate them because UT doesn't play them regularly. As a GT fan they are the most obnoxious in the conference. They used to have a spot reserved for their future national championship trophy. Yes, because they currently have ZERO championships! They won a bunch of division titles when they first joined the ACC but basically have no history of success outside of 1995-2015. Yet they act like they're the New York Yankees of the ACC...
I've seen VT play GT a ton in person- it just always fell in the time of year when I could go with the girl I was dating at the time. I've even been down to Bobby Dodd.

My favorites were the games when GT would throw like 6 times in the whole game and win. It always seemed like the Yellow Jackets had VT's number.

Is it possible to get such pleasure from reading the VT board and empathize as well?

VN Store

Back