HIRE MISSOURI DC BLAKE BAKER!

Kevinyaheard

Vols Connoisseur
Missouri is just whipping Georgia up and down the d line! Fast, attacking defense. Well coached, Chavis-esque without 3rd and Chavis...

Makes $500,000 a year?
Eli Drinkwitz defensive coaching tree, obviously.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001_215458.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001_215458.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 138
Can't argue with the logic of our results vs their results. Hahahaa... Has Missouri out-recruited us on the D side of the ball the last few years? ... or is this straight coaching-up?

You would’ve already fired him after giving up 40 to Kansas St
We can't defend the pass, at all right now. Don't know if you know this, but Anthony Richardson had a better day passing than Hendon Hooker. Glad you are confident in Banks. I'd love to have John Jancek over Banks anyday. Especially with the offense we have now.

You mean currently ranked #24, Pitt? - The Pitt that is 1 point up on an unranked Georgia Tech at the moment? hahahaha

Missouris is facing and fighting a DOMINANT #1 team.... I'm not saying we should hire the guy, or that he is any good. I have no idea what I'm watching, but you cannot fault the logic in the moment.

You mean currently ranked #24, Pitt? - that is 1 point up on an unranked Georgia Tech at the moment? hahahaha

Missouris is facing and fighting a DOMINANT #1 team.... I'm not saying we should hire the guy, or that he is any good. I have no idea what I'm watching, but you cannot fault the logic in the moment.
Do you think we play Georgia nearly as well as Missouri is defensively right now?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Name one game when our defense has played any ranked team this well, I'll wait.
Go back and watch how this miracle man of a defensive coordinator performed against La Tech (hint: gave up 24 points), Kansas State (gave up 40), and Abilene Christian (I think that's a high school, could be a JUCO, gave up 17).

Our defense played lights out against Pitt, won the game for us. This fella is having a good game tonight. Stuff happens. That doesn't make him a better coach than our DC.

Go Vols!

We can't defend the pass, at all right now. Don't know if you know this, but Anthony Richardson had a better day passing than Hendon Hooker. Glad you are confident in Banks. I'd love to have John Jancek over Banks anyday. Especially with the offense we have now.

That’s cool and all, but you’re missing the point. The point is you’re over reacting to one game. Anyone who would do that, would have done to the same when they gave up 40 pts and got blown out by K St.

Banks isn’t our problem. Coming into last season everyone thought we’d win 5-6 games and we still have that 5-6 win level defense. That’s not on Banks. He can only do so much in 1 year

Do you think we play Georgia nearly as well as Missouri is defensively right now?

When South Carolina beat UGA last, did that mean we should’ve hired their entire staff or does this rule only apply to Missouri?

Strange things happen sometimes. Elite coaches have horrible wins. Horrible coaches have great wins. You can’t judge anyone off one game. It would be like judging a QB off of one throw

eli drinkwitz believed in Blake Baker enough to give him another opportunity, he looks impressive here. Timely pressures, very good coached DBs. Lots of zero safety looks, playing levels on defense, liking it. Simulating pressures and disguising and rotating coverage.

These are advanced concepts, and unlike us, NO BLOWN COVERAGE.

Are you guys even watching this, if not just hush.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back