Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

Sill Branch Falls - popular trail in the area went there in the summer but it hadn’t rained much before we went. This time it was after some snow fall earlier in the week and the higher temps melting it away. Falls were 3x stronger than last.

Sill Branch Falls » Appy Explorerers

FEB 2021
ABC6EC33-BB06-4C6A-9AA3-4DD15405F901.jpeg

-VS -

Summer 2020
1612932377619.jpeg

No I’ll have to look it up. Western NC?
Yes , near Whitetop Mtn and Grayson Highlands Park. It also includes the tri-state border of TN,NC & Va. 360 degree views from balds but isolated and I heard quite a few bears thus my statement that it would be be better for a small group hike than solo hike. Check out “Zacs Mild Adventures”
channel on YouTube. Very good channel to learn about hiking areas in West NC, East Tn and SW Va.

Last edited:
Looks fun! Haven’t been skiing in close to 20 years. Wanted to take the kids this year but don’t think it a going to happen after all.
Yeah I say it was 20-25 years ago for me. We'd like to get in another trip in NC thus year, but I don't think we can make it happen.

Anybody had any luck this Turkey season. Called in one for my brother yesterday didn't even hear any this morning but killed a mange coyote
I saw them everywhere where I go Monday. Saturday and Sunday......MIA.

It’s like they knew the season was opening soon and were laughing at me.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Sat was one of the best and fun hunts ive had this morning nothing. Went from hearing 10 or more gobblers hundreds of gobbles to nothing NOTHING. The coyote made it worth it. Federal 3rd degree at 60 yards. I may change from my Winchester xlr. Expensive but it put it straight down. My brother is the luckiest hunter alive always on the right side of the tree.

292320DD-0B0B-410D-B9C0-D99DD34A307B.jpeg
Not sure why the pic posted upside down...
Last weekend, did a 3-day camping and cycling mini-vacation in rural Morgan county. Farmland. Did rides of 24 to 30 miles. Other than gentle showers in the wee hours Saturday, the weather was cool and enjoyable.

Planning on hiking the next two weekends to hopefully enjoy prime fall foliage here in East Tennessee. Any recommended hikes within an hour or so of Knoxville?

Planning on hiking the next two weekends to hopefully enjoy prime fall foliage here in East Tennessee. Any recommended hikes within an hour or so of Knoxville?
Up in big South Fork. Honey Creek. Virgin Falls outside of Sparta but that's a little further.

VN Store

Back