Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

Well, I had one of the roughest hikes I have had in a while. 17 miles at Doughton State Park. Wow. 4000 feet of elevation change in the first 9 miles. Then about 2000 feet in the last 8. But holy crap. It turned bitter cold with winds of about 20 mph and gusts to 40, and it started raining... then sleeting... then freezing rain and eventually snow. It was brutal.

Headed to Tsali over in NC this weekend to camp and mountain bike. First time there. If it’s worth the pics, I’ll post some later. Anyone camped over there?

This time just the State Park Campground. We hit little mountain marina too which is right down the road
I lived right across the hill from Little Mountain marina on a farm on South Sauty Rd for a few years, and my wife worked at the state park lodge for three years.

You fish any or just float?
I’ve been thinking of going there.

Where do you put in and take out?
Just float.

Depends. If the level is high then we’ll do the upper and put in at Wears Valley Road taking out at a picnic area on 321.

For the lower section we put in at Perry’s Mill Damn and take out at an outfitter called River Johns.

Saw a lot of trout.

Glamping with undercanvas.com outside of pigeon forge was awesome.

Also anybody know a good swimming hole north of oak ridge?

VN Store

Back