Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

Has anyone else done this.
I’m thinking about planning a trip
I've not done the Creeper, but we go over to Grayson Highlands and Mt Rogers a couple of times a year. I love that whole area, and we have talked to some of the cyclists while in Damascus..Everyone I have ever spoken with absolutely loves it. There are several campgrounds in the area, and if you wanted to do some cool hiking while there to fully appreciate the area, there are several awesome ones starting from Grayson Highlands State Park or Mt Rogers National Recreation Area. The AT also runs right through their.

Great views yesterday! 🤦 We always get up and going early to beat the crowds, especially from the guidance of blogs - there is only parking for like 6 cars at this place, but we didn't think about cloud coverage. Will definitely go back as it was a fun hike in NC.
DSC09204.JPG

DSC09219.JPG

Great views yesterday! 🤦 We always get up and going early to beat the crowds, especially from the guidance of blogs - there is only parking for like 6 cars at this place, but we didn't think about cloud coverage. Will definitely go back as it was a fun hike in NC.
View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892
Did y’all carry Rocky the entire time or did you let him walk some too?

Reactions: malinoisvol
View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892
Looks nice and quiet. What time did you get to the trail?

Did y’all carry Rocky the entire time or did you let him walk some too?
He hiked it all! The only time Kevin carries him if there is a water crossing as he is skiddish around moving water or if there is some sort of climbing up element.

Reactions: Guest
View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892
Very nice picture.... but... but, I don't see the sammichs you made for the hike.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Hikin people, whats your go to boot/shoe? Don't hike but have 6 pair boots to wear with jeans. There's some nice lookin styles available. Have 2 Salomon, 1 Merrell, 2 Keen & 1 Vasque. They are all comfortable.
Salomon's supposed to be king from what I've read. Real nice boot but a a little tighter in the toe. Like the Keen's the most because of the wide toe box. The Vasque & Merrell are both good

View attachment 200938

View attachment 200939
Favorite boot... Asolo (very comfortable right out of the box), next is Keen.

Hikin people, whats your go to boot/shoe? Don't hike but have 6 pair boots to wear with jeans. There's some nice lookin styles available. Have 2 Salomon, 1 Merrell, 2 Keen & 1 Vasque. They are all comfortable.
Salomon's supposed to be king from what I've read. Real nice boot but a a little tighter in the toe. Like the Keen's the most because of the wide toe box. The Vasque & Merrell are both good

View attachment 200938

View attachment 200939
Love Vasque and Solomon. My feet are weird and can't do Keen

Merrells are what I wear. I've tried on Salomon and Keen, but have not found the right fit. May try again since it has been years, but I love my current ones haven't had a need to change.

View attachment 200938

View attachment 200939
I'm a Merrels guy.

View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892
Where is that? I was on Moore's Wall in Hanging Rock SP on Saturday. I'll post some pictures shortly...

Where is that? I was on Moore's Wall in Hanging Rock SP on Saturday. I'll post some pictures shortly...
Lookout Mountain near Old Fort, NC. I love Hanging Rock, my avy is from there. It's a great spot to get in as much hiking as you want with views and/or waterfalls. Lookout Mountain is the same way. Trail connects to several other spots.

Lookout Mountain near Old Fort, NC. I love Hanging Rock, my avy is from there. It's a great spot to get in as much hiking as you want with views and/or waterfalls. Lookout Mountain is the same way. Trail connects to several other spots.

I've never been to Lookout Mtn in NC. Just the one in Chattanooga. I'll have to check it out. I love the Old Fort area and the Black Mountains.

Man it was gorgeous Saturday. That was a tough hike the course that we did. The trail to the top of Moore's Knob was insane. Hike leader said that we did it the "wrong way" to make it harder lol. And it was. What a burn.

We did Stone Mountain a couple of weeks ago (awesome!) are doing the Crowder's Ridgeline trail next week (16 mi.) and Doughton Park the week after (20 mi.). Ramping up our distances to get ready for the Make-A-Wish 28 miler in May (I still need donations VolNation!!). :)

2019 Trailblaze Challenge - Charlotte, NC: Mr. Matthew Green - Make-A-Wish Foundation

VN Store

Back