Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

I started to go up the Scales road from the north of the park a couple of years ago. Made it about 100 yards in GMC 1500 truck and realized I was not going to have enough clearance for that road. What vehicle type did you have?

I was in a rx-7 the first time I found it, made it about halfway, probably around 1997. Went back in a 4runner around 2004 made it to the campground. The road is rough and I now have a z71 and I think it will make it. I will be trying it out in a couple weeks to see.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Short hike to the top. Just 1.2 mi up but kinda steep. And terrible parking. Despite seeing a dozen or so groups on the way up, the top is actually spread out and we got some moments to ourselves. Some of the best views I’ve ever seen will definitely return to this one at some point 23AAE7E8-10DA-4175-89DE-0850D8BA9EF0.jpegDE9EB88A-3EDC-4410-9D72-198EE322F173.jpegCA25020B-54DB-4B7A-92A5-1AEF64D57C6B.jpeg

Ride from my house in Maitland to Lake Apopka in Central Florida. Lake Apopka has been a dead lake for over 35 years because of phosphate and chemical runoff from Orange Groves. They are bringing the Lake back, but takes time. Awesome trail around it- biggest Gators you will ever see!! Very well fed- My favorite ride 43 miles on MTB. 32 Road, 11 Trail.

IMG_0747.jpgIMG_0756.jpgIMG_0752.jpg

Ride from my house in Maitland to Lake Apopka in Central Florida. Lake Apopka has been a dead lake for over 35 years because of phosphate and chemical runoff from Orange Groves. They are bringing the Lake back, but takes time. Awesome trail around it- biggest Gators you will ever see!! Very well fed- My favorite ride 43 miles on MTB. 32 Road, 11 Trail.

View attachment 299497View attachment 299498View attachment 299499
Y'all been here? We were thinking maybe heading over there this weekend?
WEKIWA SPRINGS STATE PARK

Short hike to the top. Just 1.2 mi up but kinda steep. And terrible parking. Despite seeing a dozen or so groups on the way up, the top is actually spread out and we got some moments to ourselves. Some of the best views I’ve ever seen will definitely return to this one at some point View attachment 298377View attachment 298379View attachment 298378
It's a fantastic one! I haven't been back to it in a couple years. There are a couple hikes off that road that all offer great views.

Reactions: BenGrimm
It's a fantastic one! I haven't been back to it in a couple years. There are a couple hikes off that road that all offer great views.

We almost did Sitting Bear instead because parking was so packed. My wife insisted we double back one more time to see if there was a spot. We will be back.

We are thinking about doing Hunt Fish Falls next. Its in the same area. Ever done that one?

We almost did Sitting Bear instead because parking was so packed. My wife insisted we double back one more time to see if there was a spot. We will be back.

We are thinking about doing Hunt Fish Falls next. Its in the same area. Ever done that one?

Yes, wow been so long! Looks like the last time we did it was in 2015 for an almost 11 mile hike - did little lost cove cliffs, hunt fish falls, gragg prong falls. Rocky enjoying the creek crossing 😄
Screenshot_20200813-181158~01.png

Yes, wow been so long! Looks like the last time we did it was in 2015 for an almost 11 mile hike - did little lost cove cliffs, hunt fish falls, gragg prong falls. Rocky enjoying the creek crossing 😄
View attachment 299698

Nice... I saw several trails connect. We haven’t decided on the Shortest route or making it a longer trail. Kids love the destinations but can get quite crabby on the way 😂😂

Reactions: volwindy
Y'all been here? We were thinking maybe heading over there this weekend?
WEKIWA SPRINGS STATE PARK
Wekiva is nice depending on what you want to do- they have a great canoe or kayak trip down the river- look it up. For bike riding hard to beat Lake Apopka loop, go to Magnolia Park right off the 429- park and ride as far as you want. Magnolia Park opens at 8 am.

what’s sup?

tenor.gif

And if you are asking what is a SUP, stand up paddleboard.

Returned to two wheels, today. Three weeks ago, I had to lay my bike down to avoid colliding with other riders. Got it back from the shop with a new set of Mavic Cosmic Elite USTs. Only did 21 miles, but my bike rolls sweet with the new wheels.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
RIP to our travel trailer :( 2017 Keystone and the floors started to become soft. Took into dealer and they ended up totalling the entire trailer. Insurance cut us a check for about 5k more than we paid for the trailer (not sure how that work) and we now get to go through the purchasing experience again :)

RIP to our travel trailer :( 2017 Keystone and the floors started to become soft. Took into dealer and they ended up totalling the entire trailer. Insurance cut us a check for about 5k more than we paid for the trailer (not sure how that work) and we now get to go through the purchasing experience again :)

Dang, what happened? Leaking water line?

Dang, what happened? Leaking water line?
No, this particular model was made with those foam seal floor stuff and evidently they dont last long at all. We bought this one a year old and its a 2017 and out of warrantly. Thankfully we covered it really well with insurance. Adjuster looked at it and we got a check cut and no increased rates.

You like your Jayco? We are looking at a few right now, Jayco, Puma, and Coachman

So far so good, this is our 4th summer with it. Any new camper is going to have some minor issues it's first year and they fixed ours under warranty without issue. The reality is you are going to get a Forrest River trailer or a Thor Industries since between them they own most of the brands.

Reactions: BearCat204
So far so good, this is our 4th summer with it. Any new camper is going to have some minor issues it's first year and they fixed ours under warranty without issue. The reality is you are going to get a Forrest River trailer or a Thor Industries since between them they own most of the brands.
Yeah and not to mention there isn't a lot of units to choose from right now. There has been a boom in RV sales.....

VN Store

Back