Hiking, kayaking, biking and camping. Show me your pictures

Orangeslice13

Wishing I was..knee deep in the water somewhere
We are a family that enjoys going outside. We’re in Chattanooga but not scared to travel around to see the great outdoors. Show me pictures of the places you go (preferably with you in them). I’m always interested in new places to visit.

Last edited:

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
A few I have on my phone. Ramsey Cascades, Leconte, Tellico cliffs from the East Lakeshore trail, Whiteside Mountain, and Max Patch along the AT.

Attachments

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
I am not a photographer, so I have to rely upon the work of renowned landscape photographers to provide representative samples of areas that I have visited. To start things off, here are a few images of the quiet, backside of the Tetons, located in eastern Idaho, which were taken in fall:

Autumn Snow, Teton Valley Idaho Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

A Panoply Of Autumn Color Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

Autumn Sunset, Teton Valley Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

And one of the approach route to Stanley, Idaho at the foot of the Sawtooth Mountains: Salmon River, Sawtooth Mountains Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

Smokey X

I am not a photographer, so I have to rely upon the work of renowned landscape photographers to provide representative samples of areas that I have visited. To start things off, here are a few images of the quiet, backside of the Tetons, located in eastern Idaho, which were taken in fall:

Autumn Snow, Teton Valley Idaho Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

A Panoply Of Autumn Color Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

Autumn Sunset, Teton Valley Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

And one of the approach route to Stanley, Idaho at the foot of the Sawtooth Mountains: Salmon River, Sawtooth Mountains Photograph by Daryl L Hunter

I recognize a few of those places Rex, namely the Tetons. I lived and worked in Idaho Falls area for most of 2017 until I moved back just before Thanksgiving.

Some really beautiful areas out there being so close to Yellowstone, western Wyoming and Montana. Especially liked the Snake River Canyon, Tetons and Grand Targee.

Have to admit though, I saw them on a Harley instead of hiking. Did some snowshoes hiking in a place called Island Park.

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
Smokey X, here are a few more you should recognize, then:

Snake River Overlook, the signature view of the Tetons: Grand Teton Framed Prints Photos by James Kay Photography, Photos of Wyoming

Oxbow Bend, one of the best fall foliage areas in Grand Teton NP: Framed Prints Grand Teton National Park by James Kay, Oxbow Bend, Photos

Schwabacher Landing, a great location for photographing reflection images, thanks to the activity of beavers in the area: Schwabacher Landing - Picture

Chapel of the Transfiguration, quite simply the most picturesque location for a church anywhere in the country: Chapel of the Transfiguration Photo - Photograph

volwindy

sunshine hiker
Have not been able to go hiking this year due to the pups illness, but we are hoping labor day weekend he will have the stamina to go, if not we will get some hiking in the NE this fall.

Attachments

InVOLuntary

Have not been able to go hiking this year due to the pups illness, but we are hoping labor day weekend he will have the stamina to go, if not we will get some hiking in the NE this fall.
Beautiful photos, Windy. Where are those falls? That's gorgeous.

Edit: the big falls.

VN Store

Sponsors