Highlights Of What Pruitt Said During Wednesday Press Conference

Sara Clark

Pruitt: We still have a lot to prove. They want to finish. I like where this group is headed. You’re judged by how you do on Saturdays. We have two more tests.

“Well, the open date couldn’t come at a better time for us. We had been on a six-game stretch and were pretty banged up, had been in some very physical contests. We have given our guys off for a couple days and really focused, using our time that we normally practice, more on academics. We’re going to practice on Wednesday and Thursday and take another couple days off before we get ready for Missouri next week.

We’ve spent the last couple days self scouting. How to create more explosive plays, how to get stops on third downs, tendencies, analytics.

“We’re just going to go out there and practice today and work hard to improve today. That’s what we’ve been focused on the entire season. Kind of being where our feet are and doing the best that we can that day. Seems like our players are really bought into that and that’s what we’ll continue to do. Today we’ll focus on improving fundamentally. Got a lot of good-on-good today and we’ll work some on our future opponents. Hopefully we’ll have a good day.”

On Maurer: “I don’t think he had any struggles, really. He missed a couple throws there that I know he’d like to have back. One thing, we didn’t have very many snaps in the first half. You have to give Kentucky credit for keeping the ball for about 12 minutes there in the first quarter. We knew going in that we needed to be efficient on offense. We had a good drive there going, we had a penalty that put us back there. Our dead-ball penalty that was unforced. We had a chance to score right there before the half. We didn’t complete a pass that would’ve given us an opportunity to do that. So we just missed out on being efficient there in the first half and it’s something we have to improve on.”

Video if you want to watch
Jeremy Pruitt: The bye week came at a really good time

Last edited:
Pruitt: We still have a lot to prove. They want to finish. I like where this group is headed. You’re judged by how you do on Saturdays. We have two more tests.

“Well, the open date couldn’t come at a better time for us. We had been on a six-game stretch and were pretty banged up, had been in some very physical contests. We have given our guys off for a couple days and really focused, using our time that we normally practice, more on academics. We’re going to practice on Wednesday and Thursday and take another couple days off before we get ready for Missouri next week.

We’ve spent the last couple days self scouting. How to create more explosive plays, how to get stops on third downs, tendencies, analytics.

“We’re just going to go out there and practice today and work hard to improve today. That’s what we’ve been focused on the entire season. Kind of being where our feet are and doing the best that we can that day. Seems like our players are really bought into that and that’s what we’ll continue to do. Today we’ll focus on improving fundamentally. Got a lot of good-on-good today and we’ll work some on our future opponents. Hopefully we’ll have a good day.”

On Maurer: “I don’t think he had any struggles, really. He missed a couple throws there that I know he’d like to have back. One thing, we didn’t have very many snaps in the first half. You have to give Kentucky credit for keeping the ball for about 12 minutes there in the first quarter. We knew going in that we needed to be efficient on offense. We had a good drive there going, we had a penalty that put us back there. Our dead-ball penalty that was unforced. We had a chance to score right there before the half. We didn’t complete a pass that would’ve given us an opportunity to do that. So we just missed out on being efficient there in the first half and it’s something we have to improve on.”

Video if you want to watch
Jeremy Pruitt: The bye week came at a really good time

Sounds like we are using the most of the BYE week. We need to heal and plan. I just hope the team stays hungry!

VN Store

Back