High School Football Participation Has Dropped To It's Lowest Level In 20 Years

knucklehead_vol

agree.
Hockey, boxing, downhill skiing, skateboarding, car racing, motor X, etc.............Ban them all.:confused:
Inherent risk in everything.
Yea. I believe if you're old enough to make a life decision then do it. One problem is insurance is getting higher with football and boxing. MMA is actually safer than boxing from the studies I have read.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
Yea. I believe if you're old enough to make a life decision then do it. One problem is insurance is getting higher with football and boxing. MMA is actually safer than boxing from the studies I have read.
I don't watch it, but they do seem to stop fights before it gets too bad.
I've been saying this for a long time....there won't be football as we know it in 25 yrs. Soak up the nostalgia now!

knucklehead_vol

I don't watch it, but they do seem to stop fights before it gets too bad.
I've been saying this for a long time....there won't be football as we know it in 25 yrs. Soak up the nostalgia now!
Not as many head shots. Lighter gloves so the if you get hurt then it comes quicker. They really do all they can to support the fighters. Nate Diaz got stopped in the 3rd round this past weekend due to a cut.

Also, to commend Nascar, they fixed the head issue when Dale Earnhardt died and have had zero problems since that I am aware of.
Yeah but they are having a worse problem; they made it safer and interest has dropped gigantically. It's not all because of that but its popularly is a shell of what it was 10-15 years ago.

High School Football participation has dropped to the lowest level it's been since 1999. I think this has to do with the worries of parents about head injuries and possible future brain damage. I think football wont exist as a sport in 20 years because of lawsuits concerning head injuries and brain damage along with parents not allowing their children to play football which will encourage the Government to pass laws which pretty much ban football.

High school football participation drops to lowest point since 1999 - FootballScoop
Why was that number low in 1999. I remember at my high school witch was 5a in 95 to 98 there wasn't enough people to even cut player's

So I'm just a humble accountant but I've always wondered why they don't put padding on the outside as well as the inside of the helmet.
Like the practice helmets? I think creating them to spring and give is a good idea. Best thing is no helmet to helmet and no hitting below the thigh. I have seen alot of concussions from the back of helmet hitting the ground and those usually don't look bad.

VN Store

Sponsors