High praise for T. Key considering the source.

OrangeBeachVol

After TX game. “Without her, we don't win that game, honestly,” said Horston. “Without everybody that played the game, we don't win the game. Tamari, she's 6-6. She won't ever want to admit it, but she's 6-6, probably 6-7. She can move. She's fast. I mean, that's the cheat code right there.”

Nothing I can say after that.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this well-deserved shoutout thread to Tamari.

Tamari's game has grown leaps and bounds. Like Jordy, she has taken a lot of criticism over her first two years. This year she has displayed the stamina to play huge minutes and has stepped up the defensive intensity, especially against the toughest opponents. Tamari is still a work in progress on finishing at the rim and learnng to avoid unnecessary fouls, but she is a warrior. Her demeanor reminds me of Robert Parish...fierce yet quietly determined...an anchor for a team of more volatile, emotional players. Really adds balance to the team chemistry.

She's also become a vocal team leader on social media, always having the back of her teammates and being bold in speaking out when she feels the need. No wonder that Jordan is so complimentary!

She's going to be a great player for us. She's good now but you can see things are slowing down for her. I was a little surprised by her quickness reaching for the ball.

I think she is reaching the point where she is not thinking just reacting. The instinctual level that's essential to become a great player. At least I hope that's what it is. lol

When you have a strong protector of the paint, it affects EVERYTHING -- for both teams.

Tamari's game against Texas reminded me of how Brittany Griner played her best "protector" basketball against the Lady Vols back in the day. If she wasn't blocking our shots, she was most certainly disrupting EVERYthing in the paint, and sometimes beyond it. She was a freaking nightmare.

This is what I want for Tamari. I want her to cause opponents to have to pull the covers up over their heads when they wake up from nightmare starring Tamari Key. :p

When you have a strong protector of the paint, it affects EVERYTHING -- for both teams.

Tamari's game against Texas reminded me of how Brittany Griner played her best "protector" basketball against the Lady Vols back in the day. If she wasn't blocking our shots, she was most certainly disrupting EVERYthing in the paint, and sometimes beyond it. She was a freaking nightmare.

This is what I want for Tamari. I want her to cause opponents to have to pull the covers up over their heads when they wake up from nightmare starring Tamari Key. :p

ownership of the paint...I push this excessively with my players....My house, my court, my paint!

VN Store

Back