Hey Mr. Fulmer

Fulmer hired a football coach whose team quit the last 2 games and extended Holly.

Put him in line with Mid Major Mike, Bama Dave, and Currie in UTAD failures...

I’ve said some things about Fulmer but nothing compares to Dave letting Jones milk UT for all he can get and then doing it himself.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
To @feathersax

Just because you don't like what I said doesn't mean that it is wrong. Fulmer showed he might not be cut out for the AD role when he extended Holly at the end of last season. Even those that are "stupid" could see this coming. Post #10 back when we were 12-2 is really, really spot on (ha ha!)

Very Concerned

Reactions: sisaq

"Pat would be proud of the effort tonight" ! Utterly delusional or hella disrespectful. You choose Mr. Fulmer?

This is a woman who knows she’s at the end. Knows she’s got few games left but Doesent know when Fulmer will dump her. Her heart is in it to a degree but once the players sell out there’s nothing you can do. It’s past time for a change but I fully believe much like Her his heart is to invested in the connection to Pat and it’s hurting the program

I’ve said some things about Fulmer but nothing compares to Dave letting Jones milk UT for all he can get and then doing it himself.

Dave also hired Rick Barnes, which is better than anything Fulmer has done as AD. Fulmer's two main decisions to date have been to extend Holly (complete failure) and to hire Pruitt (jury is still out but still can't get the visual of the team quitting the last 2 games outta my head)

Fire her at midnight after the ND loss and move on... let her ride out of town on her Harley for a long weekend...

Reactions: 508mikey
Dave also hired Rick Barnes, which is better than anything Fulmer has done as AD. Fulmer's two main decisions to date have been to extend Holly (complete failure) and to hire Pruitt (jury is still out but still can't get the visual of the team quitting the last 2 games outta my head)

Helton didn’t do him any favors.

I think in the end Tennessee will be fine. They can’t keep firing and hiring hoping for a miracle.

Reactions: Ratvol
This is a woman who knows she’s at the end. Knows she’s got few games left but Doesent know when Fulmer will dump her. Her heart is in it to a degree but once the players sell out there’s nothing you can do. It’s past time for a change but I fully believe much like Her his heart is to invested in the connection to Pat and it’s hurting the program

Wonder why??

10.2 seconds...we're up by one...they inbound the length of the floor...we have a foul to give....They go in to the paint unaccosted and shoot a 6 footer...we lose.

That's rookie... Having a foul to give and Not attacking the ball full court and fouling before they get to the paint...making them have to reset on an inbound...Sorry, but that is rookie. We should have burned that precious timeout we didn't use on their 25-6 run from Q2 to Q3 and told the players to foul on the floor///10 seconds...They would burn 4-6 with pressure.

If everyone on the staff missed this....I can be there tomorrow

Wonder why??

10.2 seconds...we're up by one...they inbound the length of the floor...we have a foul to give....They go in to the paint unaccosted and shoot a 6 footer...we lose.

That's rookie... Having a foul to give and Not attacking the ball full court and fouling before they get to the paint...making them have to reset on an inbound...Sorry, but that is rookie. We should have burned that precious timeout we didn't use on their 25-6 run from Q2 to Q3 and told the players to foul on the floor///10 seconds...They would burn 4-6 with pressure.

It’s not an excuse for her it’s just what I see on the court and listening to the presser. I don’t believe kids should quit if given free rides but once everything post season is gone it happens a lot.

Wonder why??

I'll be there with you, what time?

I bet Holly’s agent/lawyer is trying to work out an exit deal with Fulmer now, because it seems like she has checked out judging from her post-game comments and demeanor, and talking about the ass-kicking about to occur on Thursday night.

View attachment 190568

This is how I pictured the OP as they posted the above pile.......
Don’t forget that CPF also got fired a year after getting an extension and team quit last few games of that year. If CPF couldn’t do what was right for the football team that year - and oh BTW took every bit of the 5 mil buyout- don’t expect Holly to resign.

Fulmer hired a football coach whose team quit the last 2 games and extended Holly.

Put him in line with Mid Major Mike, Bama Dave, and Currie in UTAD failures...

You must not pay close attention.... Pruitt is doing a great job building our program and Fulmer restructured Holly’s deal so it would be cheaper to fire her if we needed too.

You must not pay close attention.... Pruitt is doing a great job building our program and Fulmer restructured Holly’s deal so it would be cheaper to fire her if we needed too.

Actually, I pay more attention than most since I read beyond the narrative the UTAD put out there for extending Holly's contract. While the buyout is lower after this season than last, if you add up the amount of the buyout after this season plus what we paid Holly for this season, it is much less than what we would have paid her if we fired her after last year. This does not even factor in any reductions in revenue due to lower ticket sales, etc. What does it say about the UTAD that they have so little faith in a coach they have to redo their deal AND sacrifice another season just to save a couple hundred thousand upfront.....

Regarding Pruitt, the reasons you gave are the same ones that we heard after Year 1 of Dooley and Butch (except Butch's and Dooley's teams didn't quit the last 2 games of Year 1). Consider me skeptical until I see rock solid tangible proof.

It has nothing to do with liking Fulmer or not. But some people aren't suited for certain jobs. Holly should have been fired years ago and this once proud program has turned into an abortion. This is a 5 alarm dumpster fire. A pathetic circus. A freak show of incompetence. A tsunami of suck. Its a tragedy of unprecedented proportions. Phil standing by and doing nothing is a dereliction of duty. This program used to mean something.

I believe what's going to happen is Holly will finish out the season and then "voluntarily" step down. This has to be handled the right way. Holly was picked by Pat to be her successor, she is still a VFL, and her jersey hangs in that arena. Fulmer is not going to unceremoniously fire one of our own mid season. He knows all too well what that is like.

VN Store

Back