Heupel win loss record afterbye week?

5-1

Not sure if there legit “bye’s”…….but after a week off and during regular season.

2018 - 2-0
2019 - 2-0
2020 - 1-1

Reactions: berryvol
Sorry but I disagree. I think we beat UK. If we don’t, that will suck but it’s not that big of a deal.
Reading your reply, I'm not sure what you disagree with? We expected a close game to top 15 OM and a competitive game with top 5 Bama. We didn't expect that before. Doesn't that mean he raised expectations? You also think they win. Kentucky is a ranked 6-1 team. Of course losing to them is not the end of the world but you can also look at both teams and think Tenn should win. So again, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with?

Reading your reply, I'm not sure what you disagree with? We expected a close game to top 15 OM and a competitive game with top 5 Bama. We didn't expect that before. Doesn't that mean he raised expectations? You also think they win. Kentucky is a ranked 6-1 team. Of course losing to them is not the end of the world but you can also look at both teams and think Tenn should win. So again, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with?

I disagree that Heupel has raised expectations.

Most "experts" picked Tennessee to have a 3-9, 4-8, and at best, 5-7 record this year. Those same experts couldn't see Tennessee being competitive against most of the upper tier teams, yet looking at the season so far in retrospect, it's very possible that had Hooker been the quarterback from the start, the Pitt game very easily could have been a Tennessee win, and Ole Miss was a very winnable game, especially if Hooker hadn't gotten injured and could have finished the game. Tennessee could very easily be at 6-2 right now.

I told me buddies at the end of the third quarter last night that we have a football coach. He had Saban cursing on the sidelines. There was absolutely nothing he could do about the depth situation in the 4th quarter. Hope we can keep this staff together. Just need to keep adding pieces thru recruiting and the portal.

With the exception of the 1985 team, I have never felt more excited for the future of Tennessee football and I have been a fan since the mid-1960’s.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I told me buddies at the end of the third quarter last night that we have a football coach. He had Saban cursing on the sidelines. There was absolutely nothing he could do about the depth situation in the 4th quarter. Hope we can keep this staff together. Just need to keep adding pieces thru recruiting and the portal.

With the exception of the 1985 team, I have never felt more excited for the future of Tennessee football and I have been a fan since the mid-1960’s.
Agree. It's so irritating when some people take every game evaluation that sees some positive points in a loss as claiming a moral victory. Some of us go beyond the final score when we look at a game. Certainly not everything is going to be positive in a loss but in a game like last night's, everything isn't negative either. There is room for evaluations that go beyond the simplistic level of a win is good and a loss is bad. No one is claiming any kind of victory, moral of otherwise, but improvement leads to victories and that's something to be encouraged by. This staff isn't responsible for 15 years of screw ups by UT and they aren't going to turn it around in 1 year but one truly has to be blind to not see the improvement of this team over last year.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife

VN Store

Back