Heupel to Oklahoma?

If Heupel pulled a Kiffin on the Vols, it wouldn't surprise me at all. If he goes, oh well, its nothing new. A lot of fans would be past the point of caring at that point

Absolutely! He is gone. He and I have just signed a contract to assist with his move from Tennessee to Oklahoma. He will be there before the Alabama game. We will need a new coach. Any ideas?

Does anyone know if Fulmer might still be available?

Something tells me they'd pursue someone with more of a proven track record than Heupel, unless Heupel has a 9-10 win season this year. I think they'd probably pursue Kiffin or Pittman (who is from Oklahoma and is a former OU position coach) before they'd turn to CJH.

In any event, CJH has a pretty hefty buyout at 8 million until Dec. 15 2022, at which it drops to 6 million. Of course, if Riley leaves, OU would undoubtedly receive a buyout from USC, so paying a buyout for someone else may not be a big deal to them.

Last edited:
Just PLEASE Tell me that AD White put a strong buyout poison pill in Heupel’s contract to discourage another Kiffinesque bolt.

8 million from now until Dec. 15 2022. 6 million from Dec. 15 2022 - Dec.15 2023. 4 million the next year and 1 million the following year.

Wouldn’t bother me, I still hold the same stance as I did before the games started. I seen plenty of him at UCF when I lived in Orlando I hope they take him sooner rather than later.
You can't be serious....
You have been added to the ignore list. Thanks for helping me weed out the noise on this board. Saw more from Huepel in two games than I have seen from a UT coach since Kiffin. Fans like you bring so many down and you aren't worth the distraction.

8 million from now until Dec. 15 2022. 6 million from Dec. 15 2022 - Dec.15 2023. 4 million the next year and 1 million the following year.
Is that what we would owe him or what the new school would owe us?

If he bolts, OU will hire Freeze, or the the guy from Coastal Carolina or Cincinnati and win a natty next year.

The Tennessee way.

Agreed. If the job opens they will hire a proven winner and be competing for nattys while we are happily in the Liberty Bowl. Every school seems to get it but us.

VN Store

Back