Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his defense he prob got a ton of no’s but this has a weird smell to it like helping his friends out especially when not talking to chadwell
I think we tried for Franklin and Campbell. Which was good and then Elliot and Heupel. Seems those were the only 4 on his list at this point

Should have tried with Napier and Chadwell before Heupel

How. How could we have done worse than a coach whose record has gotten worse every year.

Started well first year, second year both his QBs (#1 & #2) got hurt still got to 10-3. Last year they did play some bad games but still 3 of the 4 losses were to Top 20 teams with a combined 12 points.
Is he elite ? Nothing that suggests it but his offenses have been Top 5 all three years there. He took 124th Missouri to 8th in offense in 2 years as OC.

Volnation needs to stfu and at least give this guy a chance. I’ll bet his team will play a lot more inspired in his first game than Pruitts sleepwalking Vols did vs WVU.

You are crazy. Recruiting will be awful under this bozo and the blowouts on the field will continue.

This is as bad a hire as it gets.

Freeze was a no due to his sec history of sanctions vs our looming sanctions. Jeff Fisher? Been out of nfl coaching for 7-8 years and out of college coaching for 30 but he would have been better just because he has a name. Give me a break. Volnation never fails to amaze.

As I said before, I’ll support the hire. He’s the coach of my favorite team. It’s just very suspect that DW goes through the motions of a search firm only to bring in his friend. And yep, Fisher would’ve created more buzz than Josh. I’ll be here to amaze you all day long.

Reactions: nash101
Heupel’s offenses at UCF have ranked in the top 8 in the country each of his 3 years at UCF. Win or lose, at least UT will be fun to watch again.

And where did Pruitts defenses rank before he came here?

Enjoy watching his D this year?

Reactions: nash101
I doubt any top candidate seriously considered this job after the administration nuked its own program. It’s an underwhelming hire but this program is in the dumps. I hope it ends up working out

Best way I can put it: I'm not excited, I'm not pissed, I'm just "eh. whatever". We could have walked a Dooley or a Pruitt up there, so it definitely could have been worse. If he stabilizes the program for 4 years, which we need, then we can get a flashier hire or keep him if he does well, great! But until then, I will begrudgingly support the guy.

As I said before, I’ll support the hire. He’s the coach of my favorite team. It’s just very suspect that DW goes through the motions of a search firm only to bring in his friend. And yep, Fisher would’ve created more buzz than Josh. I’ll be here to amaze you all day long.
Buzz doesn’t equal wins. Fisher is a has been. Names do not make us automatic world beaters on the field .

Reactions: Bret178
The vocal minority losing their sh*t over Josh Heupel's hire has brought it on themselves. For Heavens sake give him a chance!

The "vocal minority" seems to be the majority here. But that aside, I dont get folks like you that make disappointment with a hire a personal thing. And then get very nasty about it.

It's odd. But as I said, you be you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back