Heupel owns Kiffin

You’ve got a lot of work to do to catch Joey Fresh.
God I hope and pray that Heupel puts a straight up @$$ whooping on freshwater!
I’ve had this game circled since the spring and want it more than any of the realistic toss ups on the schedule!
GBO!!

Reactions: DC_Vol
Honestly... and I'm fighting "optimism" now similar to before MU and USCe... I'm around 80% right now. Their run D is absolutely awful. Maybe better than MU. Not as good as USCe. UT's run D is decent. Comparing worst games, OM was trampled for 350 yds by Arkansas. UT gave up 283 to UF. I don't think Arkansas compares well to UF in offensive talent or as a rushing offense. That seems to confirm that UT is a better D and much better run D.

Both teams' offensive success has depended on running the ball so far. Both are very good O's. UT has performed considerably better on D.

A more obscure stat is that UT is 2nd in the nation in TFL's and first in the SEC. Getting Ole Miss behind the sticks could inhibit their run game and give the Vols a pretty big advantage.
The thing that bothers me about our rushing D from the UF game is that their QB running/escaping contain of the pass rush directly or indirectly accounted for a lot of that yardage.

Corral is an excellent runner and will have to be accounted for at all times. My observation of our D is that they are at their best when we are aggressive pressuring gaps and sending extra guys, but they will have to be disciplined in their rush lanes.

What CJH did against Lane at FAU doesn't have any bearing on our game this weekend. I expect this to be a SHOOTOUT but with our defense I think we might pull this off but I wouldn't touch a betting line with a ten foot poll on this game!
Honestly it scared me that so many are picking us. I liked it much more flying under the radar.

Heupel is playing with house money in this game. Everyone knows Kiffin should win, he has had the time, has the talent. Yet Tennessee matches up really well.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Wasn’t UCF a superior team talent wise in each of these matchups?

Not especially.

247 Recruiting Class Rankings

2016 UCF - 65th, FAU -89th
2017 UCF - 55th, FAU - 60th
2018 UCF - 62nd, FAU - 75th
2019 UCF - 60th, FAU - 61st

Kiffin also had three players that were in the Super Bowl last year, all on the Bucs roster; wide receiver John Franklin III, placekicker Greg Joseph, and cornerback Herb Miller.

VN Store

Back