Heupel must win next week…

It wouldn’t shock me if we lose next Saturday
Before today I would have said you are crazy with BVS.
BUT, after the beat down I witnessed tonight, I agree with you and wouldn’t be surprised if USC doesn’t beat us twice…….. It was that bad of an ass whooping!!!!!

A good coach doesn’t lose by 25 to a unranked team, especially with a playoff spot on the line… I hope I’m wrong but do you ever see saban or smart lose like that to a unranked team?

I agree to an extent. Our offense played an alright game today. 38 points should be enough to ice most team’s chances to win. Our defense needs some serious help. We’ve been disguising a train-wreck of a defense for many weeks now, and I’m surprised we haven’t had 60 scored on us before this game. I hope we have enough left in the tank to carry this team to 10-2 next week.

Reactions: posivol
I want heupel do be the guy, just really down after that game i love the vols and this is the best season we have had in along time… the way our luck is we may not get many chances like this..
Tonight was def a disappointing loss I hope he learns from it and makes some changes on the defensive coaching staff.

Reactions: vols 30
Who cares at this point?
Kind of where i'm at.. I watched games last week and this week i normally wouldn't give a crap about in hopes one of them would lose. Turns out i was wasting my time. We were the team that didn't show up, looked ill prepared and brought a absolute joke of a defense to Columbia tonight.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Kind of where i'm at.. I watched games last week and this week i normally wouldn't give a crap about in hopes one of them would lose. Turns out i was wasting my time. We were the team that didn't show up, looked ill prepared and brought a absolute joke of a defense to Columbia tonight.
Me too I was cheering so hard for Baylor today you would have thought I was a Baylor fan… then tonight happened and I don’t care to watch another college football game this year lol

Win or lose, I will always love my Vols. I don’t care if we go 0-12, my blood will ALWAYS run orange. (And maybe a touch gold and white)
I’ll always love them too, but it’s probably best for me to step back from following for awhile. I’ve handled losses for years like the rest of us, but my goodness. We shouldn’t have lost like this. Not as a top 5 team to Shane Beamer. Pain.

Me too I was cheering so hard for Baylor today you would have thought I was a Baylor fan… then tonight happened and I don’t care to watch another college football game this year lol
Deflating for sure. An the way we lost made it worse. I like Josh's high wire act but he's going to have to figure the defense deal out or he's not going to last either.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Deflating for sure. An the way we lost made it worse. I like Josh's high wire act but he's going to have to figure the defense deal out or he's not going to last either.
Yea I definitely won’t be watching any sports networks this week, didn’t get tired of being the laughing stock of college football now this week we will be back there again.

Reactions: UTFanHades
For this season not to eerily remind me of 2016, we must show up and dominate little brother next week. I remember going to the UF and uGA games that year and thinking we could go undefeated. It was the late interception in OT and being down by 28 points in regulation in College Station that began to show the mortality of Butch Jones’s magnum opus of a team. The next week led to a beat down in Neyland that I will never forget. Bama annihilated our Vols with College Gameday present, and the team was never quite the same. In later weeks of that same season, Butch got outcoached by Muschimp in Columbia (which I was there for) and laid an egg to Vandy in the last game of the year to drop our team’s regular season record to 8-4.

It now likely rests in the hands of Bazooka Joe to lead our Vols to a victory next week. Without the defense showing up, we do not stand a chance of winning. There is some kind of special occurrence that has occurred within the team that seems to have affected our team’s focus and discipline. It is Heupel and the staff’s responsibility to handle this matter and get our boys ready to kick some Candy a** next week. This next week will reveal our coach’s ability to focus, prepare, and organize the team in the event of disaster. I think we will find a way to win next week. What are some thoughts of yours on how Heupel can help prepare the team for next week (besides for firing coaches)?
I’m with you on this all day the OU game was my reality on CBJ hope this coach doesn’t fall down this same path, something about Tennessee that can’t get past itself…

Reactions: OptimisticFan
I’ll always love them too, but it’s probably best for me to step back from following for awhile. I’ve handled losses for years like the rest of us, but my goodness. We shouldn’t have lost like this. Not as a top 5 team to Shane Beamer. Pain.

Tonight was definitely demoralizing. If the team can show some resilience and finish the season off strong next week with a win, I think it would show some serious mental toughness on the part of our players and coaching staff. This next game will be very revealing. Hopefully they can quiet the noise, re-center themselves, and perform well next week. But yes, pain…

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back