Heupel must win next week…

OptimisticFan

VolJacket
For this season not to eerily remind me of 2016, we must show up and dominate little brother next week. I remember going to the UF and uGA games that year and thinking we could go undefeated. It was the late interception in OT and being down by 28 points in regulation in College Station that began to show the mortality of Butch Jones’s magnum opus of a team. The next week led to a beat down in Neyland that I will never forget. Bama annihilated our Vols with College Gameday present, and the team was never quite the same. In later weeks of that same season, Butch got outcoached by Muschimp in Columbia (which I was there for) and laid an egg to Vandy in the last game of the year to drop our team’s regular season record to 8-4.

It now likely rests in the hands of Bazooka Joe to lead our Vols to a victory next week. Without the defense showing up, we do not stand a chance of winning. There is some kind of special occurrence that has occurred within the team that seems to have affected our team’s focus and discipline. It is Heupel and the staff’s responsibility to handle this matter and get our boys ready to kick some Candy a** next week. This next week will reveal our coach’s ability to focus, prepare, and organize the team in the event of disaster. I think we will find a way to win next week. What are some thoughts of yours on how Heupel can help prepare the team for next week (besides for firing coaches)?

Reactions: oz615
Vandy watches TN-SC game film and runs the exact same offensive plays SC ran. Vandy will especially watch how SC turns a 3rd and 20 into a first down.

Last edited:
Reactions: oz615
We will win next week. Stop the insanity.
We absolutely will…except that this team quit early tonight. I think they gave up the ghost when they thought the Playoff was gone. I’ll be happy if they show up, but I’m not expecting it now. What they thought was a sure thang is gone now. We should beat Vanderbilt by about 70, but I’m thinking we lose by about 13.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
We absolutely will…except that this team quit early tonight. I think they gave up the ghost when they thought the Playoff was gone. I’ll be happy if they show up, but I’m not expecting it now. What they thought was a sure thang is gone now. We should beat Vanderbilt by about 70, but I’m thinking we lose by about 13.
It looked like some of our players quit in the third quarter. It’s really hard to win as a team if your spirit is broken.

Vandy has a big tight end who caught one against FL and a QB who is mobile. Not gonna be easy, but I still think the Vols get the W

Good lord. We will be fine. Tonight was real bad but we will boat race Vandy.

First, I didn't see it, but it appears Hooker may have suffered a serious injury and won't play. Second, Vandy has just beaten florida and kentucky. Third, our defense stinks. Fourth, is the team going to be motivated after choking away a national title playoff berth? Everybody said we'd "boatrace" South Carolina.

VN Store

Back