Heupel just seems like a good guy

Tennessee has been the most frustrating program in the last 20 years because our lack of success has had 0 to do with talent… Every coach that’s been here has recruited enough talent to be successful… our problem has been poor coaching and development and losing culture… that is the most frustrating part because an average coach can win 8 games a year at Tennessee and a good to great coach can win championships… that is why it is so easy to get behind a coach at Tennessee because if he is average or better he will have success here… we have just had a run of mediocre or flat out terrible head coaches… CJH has the cohesion of his offensive staff that’s genuine and you gotta love that and it’s almost guaranteed that we will score points and his handling of the media is refreshing so he is easy to like… only time will tell if he is the guy but it’s easy to understand why people will believe in almost any coach UT hires… I thought Pruitt would be great because of his work ethic and no nonsense attitude which breeds elite position coaches or coordinators I vastly underestimated how bad his ppl skills are and how it takes so much more than just coaching to be a successful head coach… the job will not be too big for CJH if he finds his guy at Qb UT will turn around quickly and he actually trusts his staff to do what they are paid to do on both sides of the football

Agree!! Well said

I only wish he had held onto some of our transfers. I know some were beyond his influence, but I wish he had more wavering kids actually buying in and wanting to play here.

That's it, my only worry and it isn't a big one. For all we know some transfers wanted to go, and some had to go.

Ready to see an offense with a pulse for a change. GBO!

If he can build a program that's fun for the players, like he says he is going to, that will go along way. Having fun in Pruitt's program was not allowed.

This is important. Pruitt seemed like a "you can have fun when you win" coach. Heupel seems like a "we will win because we're going to have fun."

And it seems cliche, but that's really what it's all about. If our guys aren't stepping out on the field and loving every minute of playing football, then something is wrong.

When you love it, you work harder and you want it more. That's something that seemed lost under Pruitt.

I like coach Heupel, I hope he does good here...I am so tired of watching bad coaches come and go here and I think we finally got us a good one but for the love of god please give him a chance and get behind him 100%...It's going to take time and after recruits see his offense they will be wanting to play at Tennessee...But I am not expecting this class to be a world beater but I think he is going to surprise a lot of people with what he has.

We will be able to tell how Coach Heupel is as a coach with the giving all by our players and not crawling into a hole when things go bad.I believe and hope that Josh is very successful here at UT,and he is at Knoxville a long,long time.

Off topic, but man I’m really thankful that we have a sample of Heup’s offense being run and succeeding in the SEC. It helps me sleep at night.

remember our coach and Mike Leach started this side by side! They think the same! I saw more offense in the spring game than I remember since Peyton Manning! It ain't roster and it ain't recruiting. It's coaching and we gonna be fine!

He has a tall order ahead of him. I’m expecting a down year but as long as don’t get totally smoked by our rivals I’ll be optimistic. Just put some damn points on the board please. His offenses are historically potent, let’s hope it remains that way.

Good place to share this…Beamer? No way!

Josh is a good dude. He's well spoken, likeable, and humorous when he wants to be. A great competitor and well respected as a player, coach, and play caller. You can tell he is a genuinely humble and sincere. He may not have been #1 on our coaching list, but I think he is the right guy, at the right time.

I can't wait to watch this offense in action this season. Recruiting should pick up once recruits see the product on the field.

Unfortunately, Tennessee was running out of coaching prospects, at least coaches that were genuinely interested in the UT job.
Amazing how far an SEC program can fall from where they once resided

I'm optimistic about Heupel, but I don't know more than anyone else whether he's going to get it done or not. What I do know is, just watching him at media days, he seems like a much better dude than Pruitt ever did. One reason I think the fanbase turned on Pruitt so quickly was his raging ****head routine. That's fine if you are winning but when you are piling up 4 touchdown losses at an unprecedented rate it gets old real quick. Anyway, ding, dong, the Gump is gone, let them know that the Gump is gone!
In 33 days you'll know more

Unfortunately, Tennessee was running out of coaching prospects, at least coaches that were genuinely interested in the UT job.
Amazing how far an SEC program can fall from where they once resided
If we start winning again this will change but our administration isn't helping either

Josh is a good dude. He's well spoken, likeable, and humorous when he wants to be. A great competitor and well respected as a player, coach, and play caller. You can tell he is a genuinely humble and sincere. He may not have been #1 on our coaching list, but I think he is the right guy, at the right time.

I can't wait to watch this offense in action this season. Recruiting should pick up once recruits see the product on the field.

As crazy as it sounds, I also feel positive about this pickup, more so than the others.

remember our coach and Mike Leach started this side by side! They think the same! I saw more offense in the spring game than I remember since Peyton Manning! It ain't roster and it ain't recruiting. It's coaching and we gonna be fine!
I saw more poor defense in the spring game than I saw great offense. Hope I'm wrong though.

VN Store

Back