Heupel: Joe Milton 'has gained a lot of trust' from Vol teammates

He could be quite a weapon if he reaches his potential. Hype brought him here for a reason, not to sit behind Hooker and others...assuming he does what he needs to and so far it sounds like he is.
I agree and think he’ll end up being a guy who pushes for reps. Accurate passing and grasp of offense is the baseline, but mobility is the added weapon.

Agree on JG, as the double digit losses mounted I would guess his only supporter was Pruitt where there was some strange reasons going on for continuing to start him.
Probably never know what those were. Caused a lot of division with the players/coaches which is why they quite on him.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If he is consistently playing "good"... he could be HUGE impact on UT's current situation and future. If Mr Hyde shows up as often as he did at Michigan... he won't be the answer.

A lot of Meatchicken observers in the media and fanbase concluded that Milton was not given the best coaching while in Ann Arbor, so we'll see if TN's staff can get over his perceived shortcomings.

Accuracy. If he has indeed all of a sudden gotten this then he will be starter. After Michigan I will believe it when I see it

By 24/7 ratings out of high school:

Bailey, Milton, Hooker, Mauer

Whatever that means. 3 composite 4 stars and one 3 star.

It's going to work itself out.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If he is consistently playing "good"... he could be HUGE impact on UT's current situation and future. If Mr Hyde shows up as often as he did at Michigan... he won't be the answer.
What’s scary about that is the uptick in competition in the SEC. If Milton struggled with Big 10 defenses then I don’t expect him to suddenly become a superstar vs faster, more athletic defenses here.

What’s scary about that is the uptick in competition in the SEC. If Milton struggled with Big 10 defenses then I don’t expect him to suddenly become a superstar vs faster, more athletic defenses here.
Devils advocate but Joe burrow did it… system and coaching has a lot to do with Qb play… I’m just excited for a fair Qb battle and may the best man win

Devils advocate but Joe burrow did it… system and coaching has a lot to do with Qb play… I’m just excited for a fair Qb battle and may the best man win
True, but
I think Joe Burrow did it BECAUSE he was passer and Urban Myer was a run first coach. Therefore Urban let him transfer and made a fool of himself tbh. Joe was just an SEC qb playing in the big 10 imo.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They all “said” they did. But their body language said otherwise. And Pruitt “claimed” one came to his office to boost JG but he’s been known to throw an occasional false narrative from time to time.
Just saying, I don't pay attention to what any coach says any more, sadly. I'll just show up for the game and see what gets put on the field.

Heupel spent a few minutes on Tuesday breaking down the addition of the 6-foot-5, 244-pound Milton...“He’s been great inside of our team room, inside of our locker room," Heupel said, "has gained a lot of trust from the guys that are around him..."Joe’s got a unique skill set, a strong arm, accurate passer. I think he's a very bright young man that's picked up on what we've done so far really well. He's talented. He can spread the football field from sideline to sideline and vertically and has a unique skill set with his size and mobility to use his feet as a weapon as well.”
Joe Milton 'has gained a lot of trust' from new Tennessee teammates

That is all coach speak...you gain respect and trust on the field not in the dorms . Milton was not playing in the spring and has not been to any practices - they have not started....so...... really??

I'm always going to be skeptical of a guy that couldn't lead his former team at a key position so he abandons ship and he's going to lead this one??? It does happen, Russell Wilson, probably being the height of this sort of thing. But for every one of him, there are probably 200 busts.
I'd say he knows Jim is on the way out and wanted to get ahead of it. Plus Jim apparently can't coach a QB worth a damn. Their best QB came from SEC and even then Michigan choked at the end oh well

That is all coach speak...you gain respect and trust on the field not in the dorms . Milton was not playing in the spring and has not been to any practices - they have not started....so...... really??
In football you can gain respect and quickly lose it. So if he gets on the field and stinks it up...bye bye high 5's!

I don't see why Heupel would paint a false narrative, because he plainly said it's a 4 man race.

Think he has a 75% chance to be the starter Bailey 20%. Hooker 5%. Maurer 0%

VN Store

Back