Heupel: Joe Milton 'has gained a lot of trust' from Vol teammates

kamoshika

Heupel spent a few minutes on Tuesday breaking down the addition of the 6-foot-5, 244-pound Milton...“He’s been great inside of our team room, inside of our locker room," Heupel said, "has gained a lot of trust from the guys that are around him..."Joe’s got a unique skill set, a strong arm, accurate passer. I think he's a very bright young man that's picked up on what we've done so far really well. He's talented. He can spread the football field from sideline to sideline and vertically and has a unique skill set with his size and mobility to use his feet as a weapon as well.”
Joe Milton 'has gained a lot of trust' from new Tennessee teammates

Last edited:
WHEN I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide,
“Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?”
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, “God doth not need
Either man’s work or his own gifts. Who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,
And post o’er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait.”

He could be quite a weapon if he reaches his potential. Hype brought him here for a reason, not to sit behind Hooker and others...assuming he does what he needs to and so far it sounds like he is.

Just let the best players play who ever that may be

Im not sure if it was on Sec media or already covered, but heard this earlier on ESPN. Heupel said the guys that are and have progressed over summer and thru training camp would receive more and more reps while those that weren't progressing as well etc would receive less.Also stated it was an open competition and anyones to win.I know thats not earth blowing news to some,but from the way he said it nothing will be giving,everyone has the same chance,and only those that they can trust and see improvements in will get a chance to take the field on Saturdays..Its refreshing knowing they won't just trot such and such out there cause he had more stars or was promised this that.Def a change if only something that simple.

WHEN I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide,
“Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?”
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, “God doth not need
Either man’s work or his own gifts. Who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,
And post o’er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait.”
Thank you for this.

48388027.jpg

I am truly happy with whoever starts in Week 1

It was interesting what The Hype said about Milton as this was interpreted by some experts that Milton was now the front runner, I have an alternative interpretation.

Given the fact that it was universally felt that Bailey was ahead during Spring and that Milton has yet to have a practice snap at the Vols, he cannot now be ahead or we have another madman in charge. Josh also said that competition was crucial in players advancement. So perhaps this statement was more about stopping Bailey getting complacent and thinking he has done the hard work.

I am truly happy with whoever starts in Week 1

It was interesting what The Hype said about Milton as this was interpreted by some experts that Milton was now the front runner, I have an alternative interpretation.

Given the fact that it was universally felt that Bailey was ahead during Spring and that Milton has yet to have a practice snap at the Vols, he cannot now be ahead or we have another madman in charge. Josh also said that competition was crucial in players advancement. So perhaps this statement was more about stopping Bailey getting complacent and thinking he has done the hard work.
I think when you have an idea of what you want (Milton), than it can be difficult to go with something else (Bailey).

I was.annoyed with this QB situation. But I'm getting interested now. You have 4 legit P5 caliber starting QBs on the roster.

I think when you have an idea of what you want (Milton), than it can be difficult to go with something else (Bailey).

I was.annoyed with this QB situation. But I'm getting interested now. You have 4 legit P5 caliber starting QBs on the roster.

If Mauer could stop making dangerous throws, then yes, you do. One of these guys is going to take the reigns as the season goes on. Tennessee is in a good situation because the guys competing for the job are all quite skilled. You don't have just one guy then a bunch of scrubs behind him.

I would wager that we see multiple QB's play in the first 3 games. True on the field performance is where you separate the men from the boys. My money is still on Bailey though, but at the end of the day I just want good, solid QB play for a change. Haven't had that in a long time.

I'm always going to be skeptical of a guy that couldn't lead his former team at a key position so he abandons ship and he's going to lead this one??? It does happen, Russell Wilson, probably being the height of this sort of thing. But for every one of him, there are probably 200 busts.

Reactions: shane80
I'm always going to be skeptical of a guy that couldn't lead his former team at a key position so he abandons ship and he's going to lead this one??? It does happen, Russell Wilson, probably being the height of this sort of thing. But for every one of him, there are probably 200 busts.
Skepticism is valid but I will never blame a kid for doing what he needs to do to get on the football field. Their window of opportunity is razor thin.

Reactions: sbm362
In re: Joe Milton....

Had a thought occur to me. We have a tall, Black, right-handed QB with wheels who wears #7. IIRC, the last time all those stars aligned, it turned out pretty okay for the Orange and White. Not in any way saying he's gonna be the second coming of The Artful Dodger, but it's a really interesting coincidence (at least to me).

VN Store

Back