Heupel: Joe Milton 'has gained a lot of trust' from Vol teammates

Devils advocate but Joe burrow did it… system and coaching has a lot to do with Qb play… I’m just excited for a fair Qb battle and may the best man win

Joe Burrow never got a chance at OSU because there was so much great talent there at the position and a different style of offense. He only saw the field in limited mop up duty. It wasn't because he sucked. He would have been a great QB at OSU has OSU not had all those options. OSU was filthy loaded with QB talent (and still is).

Milton was the legit QB at Michigan and lost his job.

Can't compare those two things because Burrow is hands down a better QB.

Joe Burrow never got a chance at OSU because there was so much great talent there at the position and a different style of offense. He only saw the field in limited mop up duty. It wasn't because he sucked. He would have been a great QB at OSU has OSU not had all those options. OSU was filthy loaded with QB talent (and still is).

Milton was the legit QB at Michigan and lost his job.

Can't compare those two things because Burrow is hands down a better QB.
I was speaking specifically from the move from the big ten to the SEC and a competition stand point… if you read my post I never said Milton was better than burrow just pointed out the fact that the competition level of the SEC didn’t stop burrow from being successful and the right system helped him to excel even more… like I said may the best man win our QB1 spot

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I was speaking specifically from the move from the big ten to the SEC and a competition stand point… if you read my post I never said Milton was better than burrow just pointed out the fact that the competition level of the SEC didn’t stop burrow from being successful and the right system helped him to excel even more… like I said may the best man win our QB1 spot

Yeah, I get it. And my point is that the level of competition was never going to stop Burrow because he was that good. Cant say the same thing for Milton because he couldnt handle the competition in the B1G. Unless what you mean is competition for the starting QB position and not opposing team competition.

Yeah, I get it. And my point is that the level of competition was never going to stop Burrow because he was that good. Cant say the same thing for Milton because he couldnt handle the competition in the B1G. Unless what you mean is competition for the starting QB position and not opposing team competition.
Nah I mean SEC comp and to be fair to Milton Harbaugh has not been the Qb friendly coach at Michigan that most thought he would be… Heuple’s system may be better for him he has all the physical tools needed to succeed… I will root for all Qbs no matter what but me personally would like Mauer to be the starter I think he will light it up and he will probably throw a few more ints than Bailey but he will give you the best chance to beat one of the big 3 IMO.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The first one was more of Michigan's awful skill players. The second one though...yikes.

Yeah....the first one he gets a pass on it. Hit the receivers hands.

The second one was Guarantanoesque and a big part of why I am more than a little skeptical of him.

I'm always going to be skeptical of a guy that couldn't lead his former team at a key position so he abandons ship and he's going to lead this one??? It does happen, Russell Wilson, probably being the height of this sort of thing. But for every one of him, there are probably 200 busts.
Who was that QB at LSU way back in 2019?..he did pretty good that year if i recall correctly...

WHEN I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide,
“Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?”
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, “God doth not need
Either man’s work or his own gifts. Who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,