Heupel gave heartfelt eulogy for Otis Anderson

Just read about this. What a sad set of circumstances. Assuming this Otis Anderson Sr. is or was his father? Shot him because his girlfriend's dog bit him? That is so far beyond f**ked up, I can't even find the words for it. People are losing their damn minds!

Just read about this. What a sad set of circumstances. Assuming this Otis Anderson Sr. is or was his father? Shot him because his girlfriend's dog bit him? That is so far beyond f**ked up, I can't even find the words for it. People are losing their damn minds!
ive been speculating that his dad probably has some cte going on.

I mean it's quite heinous to uh...murder your son. Unless he's been evil this whole time I'm thinking cte made him nuts

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
To go do this during a hectic recruiting and bowl season just speaks about the kinda man he is. CJH may or may not be the answer at coach here but I'll never say one bad word about this man's character. He's a good man and that's more important than being a good coach.

I mean it's quite heinous to uh...murder your son. Unless he's been evil this whole time I'm thinking cte made him nuts

Eh? It's a theory I guess. I recall an Otis Anderson that played for the Cardinals and the Giants years ago, but this is not the same guy. The web indicates he spells it Ottis. This player"s father is 52, while the RB I am referring to is 64. That may be why you are thinking CTE.

I am more inclined to blame this as a byproduct of crap leadership at the federal and state levels, and a domino effect of unrest it has caused. Rid ourselves of foolish leaders, and even though it will not eliminate the craziness, at least there is a chance a greater level of sanity will be restored. Again, in theory. But you have yours and I have mine.

And right now? That is about the best we can do. Ask why, and hope exchanging theories might bring about some sort of solutions.

Last edited:

To me trying to make excuses for a crime like this is useless. He killed his son. Hard for me to comprehend any illness causing this short of completely going out of ones mind. As like "mad dog" mad and you know how that is cured....

Means he wrote the speech not an intern. Speaks volumes about a man in his position.
That's what I meant. It came from his heart, and showed it was a genuine connection with the player.

Pruitt would have done the same thing, but for a different reason. He can't read too good.

Reactions: davethevol
To me trying to make excuses for a crime like this is useless. He killed his son. Hard for me to comprehend any illness causing this short of completely going out of ones mind. As like "mad dog" mad and you know how that is cured....

Sad but true. In a society that makes excuses upon excuses upon excuses for deplorable acts, these types of tragic incidents will just get worse. And I am sure you and I are not the only ones sick of hearing "illness".

Reactions: savannahfan
I’ve wondered if his being a good honest person is his hangup with recruiting. It’s a cutthroat business and maybe he’s telling the recruits the truth instead of the promises they want to hear.

VN Store

Back