Heupel - football genius

It did occur to me that it was probably a conscious tactical decision. But I was still worried it would backfire on us, especially after their trick play score. I'm glad we got the late TD so I could relax and enjoy the ending a little more.

The sky was falling with most. We went vanilla with only 4 pass plays in the second half.
The only thing that bothered me about the 2nd half is that once USC got aggressive the offense started falling apart. Would it have been different if we still had the foot on the petal? Possibly, but when we did try to pass SC blitzed and we did not handle it well at all.

Reactions: Orange931
Heupel admitted in the post game that they pulled back a little too much. Then they had a few situations where just 1 person being off made a difference (3rd down where Hooker spiked the ball and the fake punt). Basically said it was partially intentional but he took blame for reeling it in too much. Gave me a lot of respect for him owning it.

CJH getting it done with smoke and mirrors. The defense was without Jackson, Mitchell, Charles, and Simmons. Jabari Small was out. I noticed Lampley, Crawford, Lane, and Harris all played on the OL yesterday, and did well. Guys that haven't had a lot of playing time are stepping up. Turnage comes off the bench to lead the team in tackles, with fourteen. Transfers led the team in passing, rushing, receiving, and tackles. Not to mention Tremblay and McGrath. I know it's early, and the next month is brutal, but I really like this staff. I can't wait to see what they do with a full roster and more talent. I love CJH's demeanor on the sideline. Stays calm and focuses. His pressers are refreshing too.

The second half was exactly what was needed. CJH has something to rip them about now and get their focus back on getting better and keep them grounded. Don’t need to go into this part of the schedule with a big head. Coach’s job will be easier with ammunition.

The sky was falling with most. We went vanilla with only 4 pass plays in the second half.

TBF it's easy to go back and see what he was doing.

But when watching live it's like what are you doing!!??

Fans didn't know his game plan nor did we know he was only going to attempt 4 passes in the whole second half.

Quite different than the week before where we never really let off the gas.

TBF it's easy to go back and see what he was doing.

But when watching live it's like what are you doing!!??

Fans didn't know his game plan nor did we know he was only going to attempt 4 passes in the whole second half.

Quite different than the week before where we never really let off the gas.

I agree, I got kinda pissed as well. I finally took a deep breath after someone in the game thread posted that we attempted only four passes that whole half. Some are still acting concerned though.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
It did occur to me that it was probably a conscious tactical decision. But I was still worried it would backfire on us, especially after their trick play score. I'm glad we got the late TD so I could relax and enjoy the ending a little more.
Probably drives the gamblers crazy when that happens and it messes up their over/under , point spread bets😂😂😂

I know some were complaining that we slowed down in the second half against SC, but while we were resting Ole Miss was wearing themselves out. Just looking ahead to next week.

I somewhat saw things a little differently. As the first half came to a close I thought we seemed to be slowing down. Like sluggish. I know we "went a little conservative", but the longer the game progressed the more sluggish we looked to me. Not tired just sluggish. (there is a difference). I expect "the black" and a hot sun bearing down had a whole lot to do with this. That along with not having enough players to allow guys to take a breather from the heat absorbing color. Don't get me wrong "the black" is OK. Let's just not wear it for day games anymore. That is until we can field a complete roister of top notch players.

Could Mays have played? I know Small could have and almost did. I think it's fair to say coaches had a handle on it.

I ain't skeert.

How bout Bumpus I did not see him. I thought he was ready. Maybe it meant "ready if needed". Man we were thin today.....

Reactions: Behr
It was nice that the team FINISHED, even tho it seemed out of reach anyway.

Reactions: Hacksaw
CJH getting it done with smoke and mirrors. The defense was without Jackson, Mitchell, Charles, and Simmons. Jabari Small was out. I noticed Lampley, Crawford, Lane, and Harris all played on the OL yesterday, and did well. Guys that haven't had a lot of playing time are stepping up. Turnage comes off the bench to lead the team in tackles, with fourteen. Transfers led the team in passing, rushing, receiving, and tackles. Not to mention Tremblay and McGrath. I know it's early, and the next month is brutal, but I really like this staff. I can't wait to see what they do with a full roster and more talent. I love CJH's demeanor on the sideline. Stays calm and focuses. His pressers are refreshing too.
CJH and his staff are coaching these guys and it shows. Like you mentioned all those key D guys out and still played well.
I love the way he has the program going.

I don't believe in letting the foot off the gas pedal. Could come back to haunt you with just a turnover or two.

Great first half, disappointing second half.

VN Store

Back