Here it is. Non existent antifa takes over Seattle neighborhood. No police presence

Reactions: tennvols77
Folks just need to realize that we’re watching the modernized version of the Red Guard in action with this leftist crap out on our streets. They’re pulling from the Maoist Theory playbook.
I think what happened is all these punks finally got out of their mom's basement for a few weeks, because their parents were on vacation. They got back home, and the spoiled brats had to go home😂

Reactions: StarRaider
Sorry I checked out y'all, am terrible reporter, dealing with fires at work and family 10x the size of CHOP…

Anyway, just thought I’d give my final observations. The last dates I was there were 6/19 and 6/25, and also was out working nearby the morning they cleared the zone (7/1). There was a yuge decrease in size of the crowd and change in atmosphere between those dates. It still didn’t feel sketchy during the day to me, I was just more interested in people watching the LARPers than actual BLM talks. Sadly I never did get to see the knight in a full suit of armor (or the elusive dairy cow).

There’s buku video of each incident as several people were consistently livestreaming, along with cell phone and security cameras. I found it pretty entertaining up through the CHOP security AR-15 copypasta guy stealing one of the reporters’ phones while livestreaming immediately following the second shooting. He didn’t realize it was still streaming and didn’t figure it out for some time. Morons. I was watching that live and got a kick out of it. But then I got pretty sick from seeing the aftermath of the last shooting, and later the person getting hit on the freeway. I advise against it if you haven’t seen them. I’ve since thought better of dumping that whole video collection here.

Here’s a decent summary from Seattle Times yesterday on what’s known from the last event.

‘Everybody down!’: What happened at the shooting that killed a teenager and led to CHOP’s shutdown

There was also this exclusive interview with one of the teens’ friends from the Daily Fail (make sure pop-up blockers are on...)

With the demise of CHOP, SPD had a golden public relations opportunity. Predictably, they blew it. A court order and city council law hasn’t stopped the cops from continuing to use riot control weapons. After they cleared the area, they ironically set up ID control checkpoints (which they had falsely accused CHOP of doing previously) and blocked off more streets than protestors had. Residents were denied entry to their homes for days. SPD went right back to violently assaulting folks for so much as breathing on their police lines (which, ya know, is basically what led to the CHOP situation in the first place).

clip 1, clip 2 (another angle in the comments show the officer go in for a ****ing flying squirrel clothesline tackle on another guy)

Maybe I missed it in itt or maybe it’s being discussed elsewhere, but the latest seattle protest-related death was another vehicular assault this past weekend. What didn’t get reported in national news was that on the same night, within an hour and within a mile of the interstate incident, an off-duty SPD officer rammed another crowd of protesters. It was the second such incident with SPD or an immediate family member, and at least the 6th such incident in Seattle in recent weeks overall. Apparently it’s a national problem. And then you have geniuses like the veteran seattle officer (and cousin of the governor!) posting an “all lives splatter” meme on facebook hours later, which of course was liked and shared by a number of local law enforcement… And then just plain weird **** like the police chief yesterday tweeting her condolences for the passing of an infamous local child rapist.

The shitshow goes on

I watched it. A question for you, why was it necessary for a group of the "CHOPsters" to "protect" the police as they went back to their vehicles?
It was late at night on a holiday (Juneteenth); those CHOPsters were extra trashed. There was chaos and anger because there had just been a shooting (the first one) and they could not get first responders to the victim or to established meeting points outside the barricades.

The heckling is not helpful, but again my point was that there was no physical resistance from violent protesters (none whatsoever) and the police chief repeatedly lied about that. If she had just said, “We could not respond immediately because we needed to gather a large force to safely/comfortably enter the anarchist zone” that could at least pass for honesty.

(It’s not the first or second time she was caught blatantly lying about CHOP, either)

Looks like the Mayor is cancelling the "Summer of Love" in CHOP and reclaiming the territory. Her Imperialist nature won out I reckon.
She didn’t seem to mind until the protesters started showing up at her house…

Another factor I reckon (besides the actual lawsuits and bloodshed that had occurred already) was the threat of a much worse scene with all the bikers/neo-Nazis/etc. showing up for 4th of July weekend

Reactions: tennvols77
What's worse is you realize people actually voted and put this nut job in a position of power!

She, as so many, still just do not get it, talk is talk, when throats start being slit and people start disappearing, we'll see how much talking these people have to do. We'll quickly see a convictionless, spinelss, hollow and empty vessel of a mouth a gape.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So it appears Seattle City Council now has a veto-proof majority in favor of defunding SPD by 50%, and another grand experiment is imminent.

Chief Best’s Message to Officers, Mayor, City on Potential Cuts to Police Budget
While no decisions have been made yet, we wanted the community to be aware of the situation. Laying off 50% of the department would be catastrophic for public safety in the city of Seattle.

The Department has made a conscious effort to hire employees, both sworn and civilian, who represent the diversity and values within our community.

Cuts this deep mean we would lose more than 50% of our Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) officers.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan reacts to handling of CHOP and to calls for defunding police
"Target numbers themselves are irresponsible if you're not looking at the functions and what the police should be doing versus what perhaps other people can and should be doing," Durkan said, also suggesting that such a large cut would mean eliminating police service altogether.

"That means they are zeroing out the SPD budget for the rest of this year and we will be eliminating police response on all regards because the year is half done. And so, on the one hand, they say they want to reduce it by 50% but now they're saying, well, maybe just 50% of what's left when we vote on it. I think the public has a right to know exactly where they stand and weigh in. I don't believe there's any community in Seattle, that as a whole wants to abolish police services for the rest of 2020," continued Durkan.

:rolleyes:

on the same night, within an hour and within a mile of the interstate incident, an off-duty SPD officer rammed another crowd of protesters. It was the second such incident with SPD or an immediate family member, and at least the 6th such incident in Seattle in recent weeks overall
SPD Investigating Boren and Olive Way Collision Involving Off-Duty Officer

Update:7/10/20
The officer in this case is no longer employed by the Seattle Police Department. The OPA investigation continues.

VN Store

Back