Here is reality. We let UF put up 600 yards….

Defense played bad, but Richardson also played really well. Props to him for making some really great throws tonight. That long pass on 4 and short was pretty amazing, and the CB wasn't beat bad. Just a great throw.

We did what I said. Contain Richardson in the running game and make him beat you with his arm. Well we did just that and Richardson nearly beat us with his arm.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
Ive never witnessed a fan base that seems to hate being 4-0 and just beating our hated rival. It’s absolutely baffling.
They aren’t true fans. They are projecting their miserable lives onto us and hoping we hop on the hate train. We can make a case we easily could have put up a 50 piece on Florida today without our top receiver and yet people still want to point out negatives. We could give up less than 100 total yards and they would still not be happy. Let them wallow in their misery and let us live in happiness and enjoy the second win against Florida in the last 7 meetings. We haven’t been able to say that in nearly 20 years.

Reactions: DOCTORLOOMIS
Regardless, we won’t last forever if the defense doesn’t get better.

Seriously. You guys need to objectively look at this. If we truly want to be competitive with Georgia and Alabama, the defense has to get better. You can say “scoreboard” all you want now, but if we give up 600 yards to UGA or Bama the result will be a loss in our favor.
We’ll duh. Who in the world was expecting us to beat Bama and Georgia in the second year of Heupel’s tenure? We are still short of defensive talent and that won’t be solved overnight. Some of you folks don’t have a clue what it takes to build a program in this conference. Expecting Heupel to make chicken salad out of chicken 💩 in less than two years is living in fantasy land. Tired of talking about it. I’ll take the 4 and 0 and move on to LSU.

Reactions: stewart6600
Honest question. When recruits see our current DBs looking lost, do they say " Hey, I want to be coached by the coaches that are coaching a defense that is allowing record stats every game?" I mean how do you sell that to a recruit?
The same way we got Hendon Hooker to commit after seeing the QB play in 2020. Kids want to play.

They aren’t true fans. They are projecting their miserable lives onto us and hoping we hop on the hate train. We can make a case we easily could have put up a 50 piece on Florida today without our top receiver and yet people still want to point out negatives. We could give up less than 100 total yards and they would still not be happy. Let them wallow in their misery and let us live in happiness and enjoy the second win against Florida in the last 7 meetings. We haven’t been able to say that in nearly 20 years.
Boom.

Reactions: VolPack22
I hope coaches don’t point out what needs fixing in practice because they will be negative and not true coaches. Fans aren’t allowed to observe or have expectations either

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
We have to celebrate the win but let's not act like we aren't going to have to improve a lot. This Florida offense looked like a juggernaut when they've had trouble completing a forward pass all year. Our home crowd got us this win.
The team got the win.

We lucked up and beat them. That was a piss poo performance. No one should be happy, we should expect more. The bar should be higher.
Ughh, they went for 4th and 2 from their own 28??? Nobody does that. When did they not go for it?? I know it sux they made all but one, but to expect a defense to stop a team 4 times on multiple tries is crazy. They basically cheated their way to a close game. They always play their best game against us and they held on every play and never got called for line holds. No way they didn't hold as often as he scrambled out of trouble. We won in spite of it, though it feels hollow after the way it ended. I wish we would have thrown a TD on that last 4th down we attempted instead of just trying to get the first down. It would have been nice to have not had all that drama. Makes hopes of beating them regularly seem like a pipe dream. We had to be twice as good as them to barely win.

"Lucked up"???? They had no answer for our offense. None.

The gnashing of teeth is way over done on here.

Did we punt? No.
Did they punt? Once.
They had to go for it on 4th SIX times.

We did terrible on 4th down. Stop just one or two more of those and this game would have gotten out of hand.

We sold out to stop the run and pretty much did that. Their passing game showed out. Some was easy. Some was hard.

We have to celebrate the win but let's not act like we aren't going to have to improve a lot. This Florida offense looked like a juggernaut when they've had trouble completing a forward pass all year. Our home crowd got us this win.
They haven't had to. Richardson and their RBs just run all over people.

Every time we play Florida, their QB plays great. Can’t explain it, we got survived this game. This game has caused us grief through the years and I am going to celebrate this a few days as this was a big one for us.

Clearly the plan was make them throw to beat us. It worked. Last week when facing a zone d, Richardson looked confused. Obviously they worked with him this week, knowing that everyone would use south Floridas blueprint. To convert 5-6 4th downs is a miracle. We had them where we wanted them, and they executed several fourth downs and a on side kick to make it close.

Feel good to know that Florida’s coach had to coach like a wounded dog just to keep it close, and we didn’t have our most explosive wide out!

Go big Orange!

Listening to Arkansas-Texas A&M game an announcers were giving kudos to Tennessee calling us Dangerous and pointing out how we put 38 points on Florida's defense.

Interestingly, Arkansas is kind of a sister team in that their turnaround seems to be following our own. They were at rock bottom just like Tennessee not to long ago.

VN Store

Back