Here is my best guess...

Fulmer isn’t getting the final say or a heavy position in hiring the new guy. I don’t know how many times multiple media members have to state this before people understand it.
Correct.
He did not and does not have the final word on Pruitt either.
He is there to glad hand and beg money.
Not even UT is stupid enough to give him Fire/Hire authority.
The only power he wields is the position of the boosters that back him.
I knew he would entrench himself as AD.
Only 2 years to stabilize the program my butt. Laughed when I read that.

The Steele and Marrone rumors are the DC and OC hires for a Freeze HC hire.

Now that we have that out of the way. I honestly believe its more likely the powers that be are building a staff for a Tee Martin HC hire. I think Fulmer is wanting a UT guy with UT support that the fans will give a LOOOOOOOONGGGGG leash, while being the coach in proximity.

Flame away, but lets see what happens...
Would be a bad mistake
A good HC doesn't need to be a Vol for heaven's sake.

Now that we have that out of the way. I honestly believe its more likely the powers that be are building a staff for a Tee Martin HC hire. I think Fulmer is wanting a UT guy with UT support that the fans will give a LOOOOOOOONGGGGG leash, while being the coach in proximity.

If the first scenario... then it would at least be an indication that UT is trying to plan through a coaching change for once.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Would be a bad mistake
A good HC doesn't need to be a Vol for heaven's sake.
Thing is... he could be the "perfect" coach. How do we know it would be a bad mistake? Past performance? Based on past performance Jones should still be at UT. Pruitt should have been a great success.

Most "great coaches" are guys who fell into the right opportunity at the right time. They're a product of talent, circumstances, and timing.

IMO, Jones lacked talent but inherited a near ideal situation at the right time (primarily recruiting).

Reactions: Gandalf

I am thankful Tee played at UT and won a NC as QB. Tee has no business being the HC for the Vols. Since Fulmer got canned the AD has made the mistake of hiring coaches that had to learn how to win in the SEC. Unfortunately, none of them learned in Knoxville. It pains me to say this but Kiffin was the best of the bunch. I am still skeptical he will ever win big in the SECW. It would be the most UT thing ever for this program to give Tee the keys if UT elects to move on from CJP.

It would be just like Tennessee to hire someone who took wide receivers as the strength of the team to a non performing unit in one year. He failed at USC and was terminated. He has never called plays or been a head coach. Sorry he’s just not ready for such an elevated position here.

Jeremy Pruitt will be the coach at Tennessee next season, nothing having come out thus far suggests anything otherwise. This investigation in my opinion is just being undertaken to verify that Pruitt isn't guilty of major violations before they hire assistant coaches. It is quite clear that Fulmer wants to keep Pruitt and nothing I have seen or heard has changed that

It's sure makes a lot of sense what is happening.

I laid this out there last night...
It appears that Steele is a done deal and if Marrone is in fact hired then my guess is this, Fulmer knows that Pruitt is done, based on the info he has and they are simply getting everything lined out to “fire with cause.” Fulmer also knows that this could and most likely will, drag out and potentially run into the start of spring practice and the timing will be terrible. With Steele and Marrone in place, Fulmer has 2 guys that can step right in to the interim position and possibly transition into full time coach. I’ll say it again, if Steele and Marrone are hired, Pruitt is a goner, it’s just a matter of when.
Marrone will most likely get the interim tag and Steele will run your defense, Chaney will run the offense and Tee will be associate head coach.
Just my opinion but it makes sense to me.
GBO!!

If there is any truth that Tee is butting heads with JP and stopped attending staff meetings that is a red flag that he is a source of dissension and not professional to be a HC or to hold any staff position at UT.
My sources tell me that he called him a “butthead” during a staff meeting.
🤔
GBO!!

Marrone isn't going from NFL HC to college OC LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
You’re right, which is why I think he is our coach in waiting. As in, waiting for the lawyers to dot the i’s and cross the t’s to fire Pruitt with cause and just like that, Marrone is our head coach.
GBO!!

There’s no way Tee will have a “long leash” most fans would consider it a incredibly underwhelming hire to begin with and as soon as the losing starts the fan base will be right back to where we are now.

I’d give pretty much any coach a long leash if it’s obvious the program is going in the right direction

Is it SOP for an AD office to build a staff for a (potential) new HC leaving them no say in the matter?

Tee IS NOT head coach material.
His football IQ is suspect.
He DOES NOT have needed PR skills.
He does not have managerial skills.
This would be a Fulmer team, with Tee as a front man!

Reactions: LargeOrange1
Why? He isn't even a good position coach.
Maybe we’ve suffered long enough and karma will smile upon us and we get the first guy ever, that sucks as a position coach but turns out to be a HOF head coach.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

VN Store

Back