Here Comes the Recession

I confess. I am bothered by billionaires paying off legislators and presidents so as to evade taxes.

So the lib billionaires are bribing the R politicians to influence tax policy? And your view is D politicians would be more staunch in staving off such gestures?

Also, I'm sure the guy making 40,000 year also believes you pay too little.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Does it also bother you that a billionaire could buy his way ont the national debate stage just by donating to the DNC so they would change their rules for him ? Just curious . It doesn’t Luther so I was wondering how many more think that was the fair thing to do .

Sure that is a problem. But it does not bother me if we get to a candidate that can rid of us of the cancer that is Trump.

Then you must be a Republican, because the richest people in Congress are Democrats. I guess that means you will not for Bloomburg.

You mean Nancy Pelosi isn’t 500 years old? I mean for someone making under $200k a year and worth $120 mil the math doesn’t quite add up.

Reactions: AM64
Sure that is a problem. But it does not bother me if we get to a candidate that can rid of us of the cancer that is Trump.

I did not vote in the last election. It is because of people like you that Trump will get my vote this time.

You should be so proud.

Reactions: DynaLo
The economic expansion may be coming to an end, if the bond market tea leaves are correct. Last summer, For the first time since the financial crisis, the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield fell below the two-year yield, a pricing anomaly known as a “yield curve inversion”. Only once since 1950 has the yield difference become negative and a recession has NOT shortly ensued.

Obviously, the economy is really the only thing propping up Trump for potential re-election this Fall. If the economic dominoes tumble, buh bye.

If it's gonna happen, hopefully it will be short and not too severe. It's been a huge positive run since the crash of 2008/9.

View attachment 262180
You're late to the party. This economy should have crashed 5-6 years ago.

Good points. Trump threw gas on the fire by giving himself and fellow million/billion aires a tax cut. During such economic expansion we should be paying down / reducing our national debt, yet Trump runs the largest budget deficit in history.

Elect a debt king / go in debt / declare bankruptcy.

Yeah, sounds about right. Thanks, Donald.

The 2009 ($1.4T) 2010 ($1.3T), and 2011 ($1.3T) deficits were all larger than any of Trump's deficits. Plus the national debt doubled while BHO was POTUS which also doubles the interest going forward. So hundreds of billions of spending each year in the current budgets are because of the spending by the previous administration.

I did not vote in the last election. It is because of people like you that Trump will get my vote this time.

You should be so proud.

Man, I have heard that exact same sentiment from a lot of people. Same here. Wrote in my candidate last go around, but in light of the clown show that is the democratic field, not to mention the despicable behavior of the leftist mobs, will be voting for Trump. He will run away with TN anyway, but it’s also a strong vote against the damaged thought process of the leftist candidates.

I confess. I am bothered by billionaires paying off legislators and presidents so as to evade taxes.
You dont like them giving the government money so you want to fix it by making them give the government money?

What a circular argument.

Man, I have heard that exact same sentiment from a lot of people. Same here. Wrote in my candidate last go around, but in light of the clown show that is the democratic field, not to mention the despicable behavior of the leftist mobs, will be voting for Trump. He will run away with TN anyway, but it’s also a strong vote against the damaged thought process of the leftist candidates.

The left has proven to me that a shadow government does exist and it needs to be dismantled.

You dont like them giving the government money so you want to fix it by making them give the government money?

What a circular argument.
Well in LG's defense, he doesn't want anyone giving money to anywhere they want it to go. He believes that the .gov knows far far better where and how to spend YOUR money than YOU do. FOr him and the rest of the left, if they can trash those that are more successful than he, it will be a win.

I wished we had an impartial grading system for arguments here. It would be interesting to track.

Maybe the mods can figure something out. And just for the PF. And just the real debates. Maybe get some third party reviewers. We are big enough to be mentioned in that one political article, we should be big enough to draw in some real brain power. Maybe the mods suggest names and we vote. Or we suggest names and they vote.

Freak can sell it as a anonymous online reality show.
From an outsider perspective and third party review, it does appear most of the left leaning people don't like to debate valid points brought before them. They outright ignore them, change the subject or just outright lie and twist the facts to meet their narrative. Plenty of trolling going on as well to say the most outlandish things that are impossible to believe just so they can provoke a reaction.

Nobody on the left wants a valid debate these days. Not that it matters, President Donald Trump is still their daddy.

VN Store

Back