Herbstreit calls "witch hunt" on Rodriguez

Redlegs

Keeping an I on Knoxville
ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit claimed the Michigan controversy is a witch hunt against Rich Rodriguez. Herbstreit said he believes this is a hatchet job by a local paper in an effort to get Coach out of town.

Ann Arbor needs to circle the wagons and support their coach, IMO. Hopefully they're doing that.

hard to get many in the wagons after a 3-9 season. RR needs to just shut up and recruit tougher players

I think this is kinda a stupid argument on his part

but I do always enjoy when herbstreit decides to go the opposite way of the ESPN-mandated opinions on college football

Pretty bold for an Ohio State man to be defending a Michigan man. Herbie must believe Rich isn't the guy for the job and wants him to stay forever - kinda like our love for Ron Zook at UF.

It is a witch hunt, IMO. RR has been coaching for 16 years. Surely he has not just changed his practice style/demands this year. Why has nothing ever been mentioned before.

A new coach came to a new school with a new system. Some cry baby kids do not like it or do not fit well in it, so they decide to do something like this. I am not a Rich Rod fan, or a Michigan fan, except for when the play Ohio State. But I believe its bogus.

As much as I hate Michigan, they're not dumb enough to get rid of RR yet. Anyone with a brain knows he didn't have the right players for his system last year. He'll get at least 2 more years since he finally has a couple of freshmen QBs that fit the spread.

As much as I hate Michigan, they're not dumb enough to get rid of RR yet. Anyone with a brain knows he didn't have the right players for his system last year. He'll get at least 2 more years since he finally has a couple of freshmen QBs that fit the spread.

That rules out people from Michigan.

I think Rodriquez will change the way the Big11Ten plays football. His style will make the midwestern teams recruit faster, more athletic players. As a result, the Big11Ten will become a major player once again in the grand scheme of things. Even currently, they're not as far behind the SEC as everyone thinks.

I dont think RR is the coach everyone has made him out to be. Without Pat White he would not have had the success he had.

I also see alot of things surfacing that says Michigan has its out. More to come Im sure.

VN Store

Back