Herbert or Grier

BIG BOI 23

Or Lock I’ll throw him in there too I guess

To me it’s an easy choice Grier

I just don’t get the Herman hype then again I’ve hardly seen him play

None of the above.

Grier if I had to.
Ya

Crappy year but i do like Grier. He puts up the numbers you wanna see plus he just comes off as a gamer or he’s got that dog in em what ever u wanna call it

That Game winner against Tennessee

Coming out first play dropping a 75 yd td first play against top 5 ole miss then proceeded to throw for 250+ and 4 touchdown in first half to bury em

Then just this Saturday he threw this game winner to beat Texas lol and the throw was off balance that’s just sick

I like the kid def think he’s worthy of top 15-20 pick unlike a lot of the fraud QBs that go in the first year after year

Last edited:
1. Grier
2. Lock
3. Herbert

I think Grier is heads and shoulders ahead of these two. Haven't been all that impressed with Herbert to be honest.

Grier has all the throws. He’s so fun to watch. I’m no D4H, so I don’t know if he’s NFL caliber. But I don’t care what the haters say, watching him sling the ball wherever he wants, whenever he wants, is exciting, fun football

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Grier has all the throws. He’s so fun to watch. I’m no D4H, so I don’t know if he’s NFL caliber. But I don’t care what the haters say, watching him sling the ball wherever he wants, whenever he wants, is exciting, fun football
Grier is a generational talent. 1st ballot HOF’er. Book it

How’d I do?

Yep reminds of Brees in that respect just a fun QB to watch that will make amazing throws weekly

That game winner against Texas was just crazy looking lol didn’t even have both feet on the ground yet he makes an amazing throw back of end zone like that

Grier is a generational talent. 1st ballot HOF’er. Book it

Nah. I actually don't like any of the QBs in the 2019 draft to be all-time great. My favorite is actually Trace McSorely of Penn State. He reminds me of former Bears QB Jim McMahon. McSorely won't be a perennial Pro Bowler but he'll be a solid starter that wins games. He'll be what people think Baker Mayfield will be in the NFL.

My early 2019 QB rankings go like this:

1. Trace McSorely (Penn State) - 2nd round grade - NFL comp: Jim McMahon
2. Drew Lock (Missouri) - 2nd round grade - NFL comp: Matt Stafford
3. Jarrett Stidham (Auburn) - 3rd round grade - NFL comp: Jake Plummer
4. Will Grier (West Virginia) - 3rd round grade
5. Justin Herbert (Oregon) - 4th round grade

Forgot about Mcsorely I’ve liked him since his first year when he beat osu and had that epic duel in the rose bowl but eventually lost

He checks all the boxes with what I’ve seen of him over 3 years except for height I believe which is a big deal when your too short

Very few overcome that 6’2” line better be close at least lol

That said definitely taking Grier for the height difference and well I’ve followed him since hs to this point and have seen nothing I don’t like except the suspension which I’ve almost never heard of CFB except that Oklahoma LB Boz lol

Forgot about Mcsorely I’ve liked him since his first year when he beat osu and had that epic duel in the rose bowl but eventually

He checks all the boxes with what I’ve seen of him over 3 years except for height I believe which is a big deal when your too short

Very few overcome that 6’2” line better be close at least lol

He is undersized but I think he can overcome it.

I like his intangibles and athleticism.

Stidham
He is undersized but I think he can overcome it.

I like his intangibles and athleticism.
Stidham over Grier tho? Lol one has gotten better consistently the other regressed so bad he ain’t even thinking bout the draft anymore like he was in September

Also Lock isn’t near as egregious but seems like guy that pads his stats against **** teams in games with no implications

Stidham is definitely not a third rounder lol if he is huge shock even with the good season last yr his numbers were meh

Stidham

Stidham over Grier tho? Lol one has gotten better consistently the other regressed so bad he ain’t even thinking bout the draft anymore like he was in September

Also Lock isn’t near as egregious but seems like guy that pads his stats against **** teams in games with no implications

Stidham is definitely not a third rounder lol if he is huge shock even with the good season last yr his numbers were meh

Lock has an elite NFL arm. I think he can be a servicable NFL starter.

Reactions: 508mikey
Lock has an elite NFL arm. I think he can be a servicable NFL starter.
I was more interested in the stidham>grier thing

That’s another one of your worst takes ever I must say lol not surprisingly just another to add to the very long list

I was more interested in the stidham>grier thing

That’s another one of your worst takes ever I must say lol not surprisingly just another to add to the very long list

I've never been a fan of Big 12 spread QBs. Will Grier simply doesn't come off as a NFL QB. To me he's no different than Geno Smith.

Stidham has some Jake Plummer to him. I think he can be a serviceable NFL QB.

Reactions: 508mikey
We've been breaking them down on my draft podcast. Grier's accuracy is outstanding, but Herbert appears to be a great prospect, too. His frame and athleticism going to get scouts all hot-and-bothered. He plays like a taller Carson Wentz.
Grier, Herbert, and Lock are all first round talents. If my team had to go with one, I think I'd select Grier...as of today. He's like a quicker/more athletic Andy Dalton.

Welp...Herbert’s staying put for another year. Haskins will be the first QB picked. I really think Daniel Jones could be a first rounder, as well.

VN Store

Back