Hendon Hooker QB Transfer from VT

Signing this kid makes me wonder if Pruitt is going to get fired and HB will transfer if that happens, his Dad's tweet earlier in the week would strengthen that thought......
I think HB will probably run off to Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin when Jeremy Pruitt is canned since he seemingly doesn't give a damn about Tennessee.

Superman-getting-drunk-GIF.gif

Reactions: loservol
I just can't understand this kids thinking in choosing us over all other of his options.

I can only guess that...

1...He's so confident in his skills and abilities that he believes he can win the starting job no matter who the HC and assistants end up being.

2...He believes that the sooner he gets on the hill he believes that he can convince another QB or 2 into hitting the portal and leaving especially if Pruitt is dismissed and they don't like the new hire.

3...He actually does have some insider info that makes him more confident that his running/passing skills puts him at the top of the QB roster based on who he's hearing will replace Pruitt.

It just seems a bit weird that he would so quickly decide to pick Tennessee to transfer to.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Sea Ray
All of a sudden, we go into 2021 with a better QB rotation if nothing changes.

Hooker is much better than Shrout.
Salter is most definitely better than JG.
Second year Bailey should be much better than 1st year Bailey.
Same for Maurer.

Hooker is a better runner than anyone with the exception of Salter, perhaps.

A year late perhaps, but at least we may have finally solved the QB riddle.

They still need coaching. Unless that happens this stuff won't mean a darn

His completion percentage is very impressive, particularly for a dual threat QB. Accuracy is generally an issue for those folks.

So I take it he'll have 2 yrs eligibility here? Any insight as to what his story is at Va Tech? Why is he leaving?

Bailey is very good at the short and medium routes, much better than JG. Longer developing routes he looks a little like JG. Slides in the pocket sometimes but at times is oblivious to the pressure which resulted in two fumbles against ATM. The jury is still out on him. Pocket passers can still exist but I expect their numbers will continue to drop each year until their nonexistent. Mac Jones benefits from Alabama’s OL. Jones,Trask and Burrow type players are going to be outliers within 5 years. It’s going to be all Mahomes and Justin Field type players in the near future IMO.
He was a true freshman. Something about learned behavior and experience.

Bailey is very good at the short and medium routes, much better than JG. Longer developing routes he looks a little like JG. Slides in the pocket sometimes but at times is oblivious to the pressure which resulted in two fumbles against ATM. The jury is still out on him. Pocket passers can still exist but I expect their numbers will continue to drop each year until their nonexistent. Mac Jones benefits from Alabama’s OL. Jones,Trask and Burrow type players are going to be outliers within 5 years. It’s going to be all Mahomes and Justin Field type players in the near future IMO.

Wow. Somebody gets it. Mobile QB's.......

He bailed out after the first series against Clemson. Said he was cold. Coach was not happy about it.

He was a true freshman. Something about learned behavior and experience.
Hopefully but still a question mark. I was always in Bailey’s camp but watching him in his first real tests late in the season made me realize he may not be the Qb savior I hoped for. Of course the whole offense is dysfunctional so that could be the issue.

Their message board said he holds the ball to long and stares down receivers. May not handle the toughness of sec. First response is to run. May be a better runner than Guarantano.

I just can't understand this kids thinking in choosing us over all other of his options.

I can only guess that...

1...He's so confident in his skills and abilities that he believes he can win the starting job no matter who the HC and assistants end up being.

2...He believes that the sooner he gets on the hill he believes that he can convince another QB or 2 into hitting the portal and leaving especially if Pruitt is dismissed and they don't like the new hire.

3...He actually does have some insider info that makes him more confident that his running/passing skills puts him at the top of the QB roster based on who he's hearing will replace Pruitt.

It just seems a bit weird that he would so quickly decide to pick Tennessee to transfer to.

VFL...GBO!!!
Who did he hear was replacing Pruitt?

VN Store

Back