Hendon Hooker is proving to be one tough dude....

Milton won the job fair and square in camp. Everyone that watched the QB's said it was obvious Milton was the guy and he also hit deep balls in practice.

If Milton had not gotten hurt and continued to miss every deep ball then Hooker would have come in eventually.
My only counter too everyone who watched practice is they dont have ***** clue. Routes on air mean nothing and they weren't allowed to see scrimmages work so what did they see ? The big Cam Newton clone who is likely the only kid on our roster thats 240 plus lbs afraid to get hit ? Did they bother to watch this kids history ? So forgive me if I dont buy the experts take. They picked the wrong damn QB and its obvious

The OL Dobbs had in 2016 got wins over UF and UGA. Good enough for 2nd in SEC East.

Only because GA rushed three DL, blocked by OL, plus Karma while everyone else went to the endzone, AND Jennings opted to ignore Jones' instructions for Jason Croom to catch the ball, and grabbed it instead. The Florida game was the same type of hit-and-miss Twilight Zone blocking the USCe game was. Periodically, for a brief moment in time, they did everything right. The Florida game, you had Vols fans leaving the stadium as the score at that point precluded another Gator blowout of our Vols. Then it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: PEPPERJAX
My only counter too everyone who watched practice is they dont have ***** clue. Routes on air mean nothing and they weren't allowed to see scrimmages work so what did they see ? The big Cam Newton clone who is likely the only kid on our roster thats 240 plus lbs afraid to get hit ? Did they bother to watch this kids history ? So forgive me if I dont buy the experts take. They picked the wrong damn QB and its obvious
VFL's get to attend practice and every single one of them said it was blatantly obvious Milton was the guy. By FAR. And he didn't miss deep balls.

Ainge, Kyler Kyberson, Jayson Swain and more. They're not lying and they all know way more about football than any of us. You can't with good reason just discount every single account of Milton's play in practice.

It's literally a fact and you just don't want to believe it. And it's also not a big deal.

This is a hindsight is 2020 deal.

i am on record as saying he should've been the starter from jump. even after the spring game i defended him. i saw it in him....his presence, demeanor, etc.. i think heupel underestimated Hooker's physical side and arm talent. he also has that "it" factor
I thought it was Bailey?

Well i was for sure dead wrong about Hooker.
I thought he didn't even need to see the field coming into summer camp.

Boy oh boy i was as wrong as could possibly be!!

He's one of the best players in America.

Reactions: lexkyvol
THINK on this and maybe some of you will gain a bit better understanding.

The ONLY things coaches have to make decisions on is how a QB does in practice where they wear a red jersey that screams DO NOT HIT me!

In practice a QB has no fear at all of taking a slobberknocking hit, NONE!

They can just stand back there and make good throws because the worst that can happen is a 2 hand touch push.

Many people have said lots of times that in practice Milton was great, ran wen he should have and was making all the passes well too and was running the O very well and that's why CJH made him the starter to begin with.

In real games it's simply that Milton is scared to death of taking a big hit and getting hurt again.

Even on the very last play of the Ole Miss game where everyone knew that he had to throw a pass to the endzone he got terrified because here's what happened...

He took the snap, rolled to his right and instantly ran into 1 of our guys that was blocking a OM player.

His fear made him instantly start running back to his left and he never even slowed down or tried to stop to throw a pass to the endzone, Never.

He was scared of taking a big hit and just kept running until a OM player was about to knock him out of bounds so he just jumped off the field to keep from getting hit.

Milton is just terrified of taking a big hit.

I honestly have no idea whatsoever why he keeps trying to play football because as long as his fear keeps controlling him he'll remain useless.

He's as tough as a marshmellow unfortunately.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back