Helton is either gone or we gain more coaches.... (opinion)

Dougie_D

giphy.gif

Because that's what we do!

With Fulmer in place I think we now have that opportunity. Basilio said that rumblings indicate Pruitt and Helton don’t see eye to eye. I’d like to see us go after someone with prior success in the SEC. There’s at least one available right now...

With Fulmer in place I think we now have that opportunity. Basilio said that rumblings indicate Pruitt and Helton don’t see eye to eye. I’d like to see us go after someone with prior success in the SEC. There’s at least one available right now...
Freeze?

Haha. I really see no difference in "next year" and this. "We" always think its gonna be different.... Next time.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't think Helton has done a bad job with what he has to work with. If anyone needs to be looked at, it's Will Friend on the O-line. Either way, I would retain everyone into next season to build a little continuity and then use that as the measuring stick. We know we won't be truly 'competitive' until 2020/21, so why not promote some stability.

Freeze?

Haha. I really see no difference in "next year" and this. "We" always think its gonna be different.... Next time.
If we change OC that has to be one of the top names on the list. Different philosophy than Pruitt though so I’m not sure how it would work. Richmond and company made Helton and Friend look bad last week but I expect them to figure things out

I spent almost two decades living and working in Southern California. I actually took some classes at SC and prefer their grads over UCLA grads any day of the week. That said SCw is a lot like UT in that they simply will not tolerate mediocrity or consistently bad play on the football field. Older Helton has to be feeling heat this year and starting the season with 2 early losses even though he has a true freshman starting at QB did not help. There's no excuses at USC, win or move along. HC Helton saw the writing on the wall and knew he had to do something quick wich he did, he threw Tee and his OL coach under the bus. It's not personal out there, none of this "family stuff" even though they'll say that, it's all business.

Tee was a good College QB surrounded by great players..............

tenor.gif

Last edited:
If we change OC that has to be one of the top names on the list. Different philosophy than Pruitt though so I’m not sure how it would work. Richmond and company made Helton and Friend look bad last week but I expect them to figure things out

Obviously I have no idea if we are going to change OC's, but I'd bet money if we do, it won't be Freeze. I'm not gonna make a big deal about it or make fun of anyone who thinks we will, because of the obvious.

That being said, my advice to Jack is, don't do it to yourself. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Look at our history. It ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I think Tee got stripped of his duties for a reason. I also think Helton can be a good OC if he gets the right players.. JMO tho

right, just like a monkey can win if it gets the right cards...if he stays for a couple more recruiting classes, his playcalling should get better...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT CATS!

Reactions: Vol524

VN Store

Back