Help with Argument Rebuttals concerning Vanderbilt!!

UTvol1fn

Rub A Dub Dub
My friend, who is a recent graduate from Vanderbilt, continues to belittle UT's program this year. He keeps talking smack about our program and our lackluster performance this year. He uses words and terms that are inaapropriate for this site.

I have been by his side with Vandy all season and have cheered them to victory. Yet he continues to bash TN to my face given that this is the first year his Dores might finish better than the Vols.

So I'm asking for help from my fellow brethren to assist in my arguments against Vandy this year. It has proven to be a little tougher than years past.

Thanks Nation!!!

sadly, you're very likely to just have to take the beating.

On a relative basis, Vandy has outperformed UT by light years. Your hope lies in our pathetic outfit beating Vandy at Memorial. I hope I'm dead wrong, but I don't like our chances right now.

be a man and bend over. my uncle is a vandy fan (he's an uncle by marriage). i gotta take the abuse, i agree w/ him and say that fulmer has run the program into the ground

You are probably right. That last argument I sent him involved Vandy having the 12th ranked total offense in the SEC and the 10th ranked defense while relying on turnovers to win ballgames. It upsets me that he continues to bash UT while I have been right next to him all season routing for the Dores. I personally am happy for them, but after jumping on each other after the win on Saturday and emailing me Monday that the Vols handed their female parts over to Florida on a silver platter and throwing out our seasons performance against horrible teams is really starting to grind my gears!

ask him how many of Vandy's conquests have been against teams that will finish .500?

unfortunately, he's going to ask you the same thing in return.

ask him how many of Vandy's conquests have been against teams that will finish .500?

unfortunately, he's going to ask you the same thing in return.

still waiting for his reply :)....I can take the bashing of our performance and how awful we look, but it set me off when he started the personal attacks with the use of vulgar words and such.

I would cut all contact with him until next year, that would be your best bet.:blink:

I'd remind him that Vanderbilt is extremely unlikely to beat UT more than 8 times in his lifetime. He should be careful what sort of precedent he wants to set regarding appropriate behavior for the fan of the superior team. You are going to be on the winning side for 95% of you life. If getting to behave like a jackass for one year is worth being ridiculed for the twenty years between now and the next Vanderbilt victory is worth it, then let him enjoy it.

I'd remind him that Vanderbilt is extremely unlikely to beat UT more than 8 times in his lifetime. He should be careful what sort of precedent he wants to set regarding appropriate behavior for the fan of the superior team. You are going to be on the winning side for 95% of you life. If getting to behave like a jackass for one year is worth being ridiculed for the twenty years between now and the next Vanderbilt victory is worth it, then let him enjoy it.
but man, I bet those 1 in 20 year events are fun as hell. Kinda like us and UF.

haha...thanks brother

My friends and I have always called them the Vandy Common Whores, try that approach and see it if works.

On a relative basis, Vandy has outperformed UT by light years. Your hope lies in our pathetic outfit beating Vandy at Memorial. I hope I'm dead wrong, but I don't like our chances right now.

I dunno, I hear Crompton can shoot the j.

Just ask your friend how it feels to win and yet still suck. Any other undefeated SEC team would at least be a top ten team by now.

Just ask your friend how it feels to win and yet still suck. Any other undefeated SEC team would at least be a top ten team by now.

I think that Vandy is good, but nobody knows how good they are really are since they really haven't played Georgia, Florida, or UT. Auburn is just a mystery to me since they don't have an offense.

I think that Vandy is good, but nobody knows how good they are really are since they really haven't played Georgia, Florida, or UT. Auburn is just a mystery to me since they don't have an offense.
Apparently you missed my point Cat. Vandy sucks. Always have...always will. Heck...UK was in the top ten last year after their run.

Apparently you missed my point Cat. Vandy sucks. Always have...always will. Heck...UK was in the top ten last year after their run.

Nope, I didn't miss your point. I just didn't agree with it, Lex.

I do agree with you that Vandy probably isn't as good as their ranking, but all I can say is, "good for them."

I think that was the worse coaching job I have ever seen Tubby do. He could have pounded them by running the ball, like he did in the first half. But, for some reason they came out throwing in the second half. Reminds me of a team in East TN.

Don't take that Vandy crap. By any means necessary you can't let him run you your a Vol. 1) Who have the played that's really any good? 2) Have they ever won the East? No and it won't start this year either 3) Last time I checked we beat them last so he can't really say anything. 4) Pull a Bama fan and ask him where is your championship ring.:eek:lol:

My friend, who is a recent graduate from Vanderbilt, continues to belittle UT's program this year. He keeps talking smack about our program and our lackluster performance this year. He uses words and terms that are inaapropriate for this site.

I have been by his side with Vandy all season and have cheered them to victory. Yet he continues to bash TN to my face given that this is the first year his Dores might finish better than the Vols.

So I'm asking for help from my fellow brethren to assist in my arguments against Vandy this year. It has proven to be a little tougher than years past.

Thanks Nation!!!

No use arguing about this season, particularly since it is less than half over with the toughest part of Vandy's schedule still to come. Just remind him that the Dores have beaten the Vols exactly 1 time in his lifetime. Use that as many times as possible between now and the time we play them this year.

VN Store

Back