Help with a film project

MoCo_Vol

I've been making films and working on various videography related projects for a little over two years now. Recently had a few films shown in various festivals and am trying to improve the quality of my productions. Unfortunately this isn't an inexpensive hobby, I simply don't have access to all the things I need to truly create a "Hollywood" level film. So I'm looking for a little bit of help with crowd funding for my next project. I have created relationships with all the appropriate people, but there's still some cost despite most offering free labor for helping me produce the film. The bulk being equipment and location rental, the rest going to fees for festival submitting.

Every single person that donates will be recognized at the start of the film on screen. Anything we raise over the goal will go to the charity related to the film.

Thanks.

What's Left? - Short Film GoFundMe

wow a real feel good. what are you going to shoot on? remember audio is maybe the biggest difference between a high quality film and one that looks amateur. You may want to take it into a post house for balancing and mixing.

btw I am a video producer and i have directed tv shows, music videos etc so Im happy to help if you have any questions.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
wow a real feel good. what are you going to shoot on? remember audio is maybe the biggest difference between a high quality film and one that looks amateur. You may want to take it into a post house for balancing and mixing.

btw I am a video producer and i have directed tv shows, music videos etc so Im happy to help if you have any questions.

Appreciate the help man. I've done a dozen short films to this point, the field audio will be recorded and sound design/mix both by professionals that do it for TV. We'll be filming with a Canon C200, and the cinematographer also does it professionally.

Not a rom-com at all, you're right there lol

Going to try and shine a bit of a light on the impact of loss to the people left behind, it has a silver lining at the end. Not a "happily ever after" but a bit of a moment to pass along the fact it's alright to grieve loss, and there's no magic button or amount of time that's going to suddenly replace the hurt from losing someone.

I use the c200 and the red dragon. Hopefully you have a good set of prime lenses to really get that shallow depth which will help a lot with your heavy subject matter. Sounds like you got it covered. Do you shoot raw and color it in post?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I use the c200 and the red dragon. Hopefully you have a good set of prime lenses to really get that shallow depth which will help a lot with your heavy subject matter. Sounds like you got it covered. Do you shoot raw and color it in post?

Yeah, we'll be shooting raw...got any CFast cards or hard drives to donate? :D

Depending on how well the funding goes, may have access to some really high end glass. But even without it between the cinematographer and gaffer we've got from 20 up to 85 covered in primes. Using Rokinon & Sigma.

Actually, you might have some experience with filming insurance. Trying to find someone near Knoxville that offers shoot day coverage, that's one of the requirements to that high end glass I mentioned too, is covering it if damaged.

Yeah, we'll be shooting raw...got any CFast cards or hard drives to donate? :D

Depending on how well the funding goes, may have access to some really high end glass. But even without it between the cinematographer and gaffer we've got from 20 up to 85 covered in primes. Using Rokinon & Sigma.

Actually, you might have some experience with filming insurance. Trying to find someone near Knoxville that offers shoot day coverage, that's one of the requirements to that high end glass I mentioned too, is covering it if damaged.

usually the rental house will roll that into the cost has been my experience.
actually have some cfast cards here at work that we don't use for the C200 we just go with the big sd cards, you can put so much on them.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
usually the rental house will roll that into the cost has been my experience.
actually have some cfast cards here at work that we don't use for the C200 we just go with the big sd cards, you can put so much on them.

Yeah wish we could do Raw to the SD cards :(

VN Store

Back