Heath Shuler political sighting!

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
Shuler super delegate vote will go to Clinton | CITIZEN-TIMES.com | Asheville Citizen-Times

Shuler released a statement Monday noting that he had endorsed former U.S. Senator John Edwards in his campaign for president, “and would have supported him with my super delegate vote at the Convention.” Shuler spokesman Andrew Whalen confirmed that Shuler’s vote will go to Clinton, but he declined to offer any other comment, referring to the Monday statement.
“I have now decided to pledge my vote as a super delegate at this year’s Convention for whichever candidate wins the majority of votes in North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District,” Shuler said Monday. “My focus, however, will remain on being an effective representative of Western North Carolina in Congress.”
Obama handily won North Carolina, with 56 percent of the vote, but Clinton took all the counties in the 11th Congressional District, except Buncombe.
Shuler, who was elected to the House in 2006, faces Republican challenger Carl Mumpower, an Asheville city councilman, in the November general election.

Thoughts?™

He really should be able to beat a guy named "Mumpower".

He's smart to go with Clinton since she won most of the counties in his district. I just don't see Obama playing well in the mountains.

I see that Shuler is using the same decision making skills that he used in the NFL.

That may be the most loaded sentence to ever land on VN.

I've said before on VN that if Obama gets the Dem nod, he will polarize the U.S. to a degree not seen since the sixties. I think the Dem leadership understands this and would much prefer Hillary. But they are stuck in a big way.

As far as Heath goes, his electorate did not sign up for Obama, and he recognizes the fact. He made the right call for his political needs.

I see that Shuler is using the same decision making skills that he used in the NFL.

He vote reflects the desires of his constituents... as it should be. Too bad Georgia lawmakers (Sonny Perdue) dont reflect that.

He vote reflects the desires of his constituents... as it should be. Too bad Georgia lawmakers (Sonny Perdue) dont reflect that.
I can't help it if his friends and neighbors are as nuts as he is. :p

I assume that you mean his hardcore democratic constituents, since the rest don't vote in the dem primary.

Still better in NC than Georgia.... I want my Sunday beer dammit!!! A vote on it at least.
Easy now. You guys in Covington just started handing out liquor licenses to restaurants. Sunday beer sales could lead to riots on the square.

Easy now. You guys in Covington just started handing out liquor licenses to restaurants. Sunday beer sales could lead to riots on the square.

Lol.... that would make the news for sure!!! It's screwed up though... I like to think that at 31 yrs old I can make responsible decisions by myself.

You don't need liquor licenses to have riots on the square....one of my old profs at Oxford made it his personal mission in life to assure me that more 'shine was made in Newton County than all of East Tennessee.

VN Store

Back