Headed to Martinsville for the April 9 Race

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Has anyone on here been to Martinsville? I've been to Atlanta a few times, but decided to travel for a race. Any tips for a fun experience, etc?

We went there about 15 years ago when we were big time into NASCAR and would go to 3 or 4 races a year. Fun track in a beautiful part of the country. Sterling Marlin's pit crew actually stayed at the little inn we stayed out and we partied with them the night before the race. Fun times, would like to go back!

We went last fall and had a good time. Where are you going to be staying?
We are staying in winston salem due to the fact that I waited a bit to make the decision to go. Martinsville was completely sold out of hotels.

We are staying in winston salem due to the fact that I waited a bit to make the decision to go. Martinsville was completely sold out of hotels.

Cool. We stayed in Mount Airy. It was a 50 minute drive but on backroads. We detoured a little and entered Martinsville from the north and didn’t hit traffic until we were half a mile from our parking.

Parking is free. I’d suggest bringing some tailgate equipment or at least some chairs and food. Took awhile to get out after the race but we just hung out and ate dinner while we waited on traffic to die down.

Really awesome track to watch a race at. Can easily see the whole track and there’s battles going on constantly.

You’ll see people talk about the hot dogs there. They’re pretty good but the line is insane. If you want one I’d suggest getting in lane for one a couple of hours before the race. Guy next to me missed probably 150 laps of racing waiting in line for one during the race.

Cool. We stayed in Mount Airy. It was a 50 minute drive but on backroads. We detoured a little and entered Martinsville from the north and didn’t hit traffic until we were half a mile from our parking.

Parking is free. I’d suggest bringing some tailgate equipment or at least some chairs and food. Took awhile to get out after the race but we just hung out and ate dinner while we waited on traffic to die down.

Really awesome track to watch a race at. Can easily see the whole track and there’s battles going on constantly.

You’ll see people talk about the hot dogs there. They’re pretty good but the line is insane. If you want one I’d suggest getting in lane for one a couple of hours before the race. Guy next to me missed probably 150 laps of racing waiting in line for one during the race.
I have been told about the famous dogs from a good friend of mine. I'll make sure and try one early. I don't wanna miss a lap. Suggested section to grab tix in?

I have been told about the famous dogs from a good friend of mine. I'll make sure and try one early. I don't wanna miss a lap. Suggested section to grab tix in?
67274AB7-4850-4508-AE32-272633BDE530.jpeg

We were in the Blue Ridge Tower. Section M I think, a bit past start finish line. Row 25ish I believe. Really good view. Anything 20 rows up or further is going to be great regardless of section.

VN Store

Back