MAX/Discovery+ (Warner Bros/Discovery)

3 episodes into Tokyo Vice and it's pretty good. Based on a memoir of a guy who was the first American to write for the most prestigious newspaper in Japan, and how he covered Yakuza stories. Some of the actors are terrible, but how many bilingual Japanese actors are there? I give them a pass. Ansel Elgort's Japanese seems convincing enough to me.

3 episodes into Tokyo Vice and it's pretty good. Based on a memoir of a guy who was the first American to write for the most prestigious newspaper in Japan, and how he covered Yakuza stories. Some of the actors are terrible, but how many bilingual Japanese actors are there? I give them a pass. Ansel Elgort's Japanese seems convincing enough to me.

6 episodes in and totally hooked

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
It’s been a while since I watched the doc Staircase but the miniseries is pretty good.

If you liked The Wire "We Own This City" is a return to the drug war zone of Baltimore but follows the true story of a group of very dirty cops. There are a lot of the same actors from The Wire you will notice. So far its a good watch.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
If you liked The Wire "We Own This City" is a return to the drug war zone of Baltimore but follows the true story of a group of very dirty cops. There are a lot of the same actors from The Wire you will notice. So far its a good watch.

Besides Bernthal, the acting is pretty bad (he likes to use consultants as actors) and it's nowhere near the level of The Wire but it's still good and interesting. I've had my eyes on this case since it happened. Absolutely blows me away that this wasn't a bigger national story.

Ok so the staircase doc and the doc drama have some interesting differences. I’ve enjoyed both watch the documentary first then watch the drama. If you are into the story. The guys form the docu are pissed at the drama but it’s a good watch both ways

VN Store

Back