HBO 247 College Football with Mike Leach

A leach hire would have advanced our rise to the top by 3 or 4 years. TN has never been a proving ground for new HCs. That is the American conf teams. We are a historical top 10 program. Pruitt was a mistake but we have to live with it.
Go look at his first several years at Washington St. Fans would not be as patient here.

Reactions: feathersax
Leach would have been a failure at UT because he don't eat cornbread...

GO VOLS!!!

Pruitt only has 2 of his recruiting classes on the hill so far and we CAN see that our team IS getting better already.

We're playing lots of freshmen and sophs against top SEC talent that will soon be playing in the NFL and our kids are showing the proof that they're learning and putting things together.

In 2 more years we WILL be able to hang with any team in the country if Pruitt and this staff can keep recruiting great players like we have so far.

I hate to be patient but I have no choice and now that I'm seeing improvement against a alaBummer team I believe we'll have a great future.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Ratvol
We've got the right guy. You guys expect magical results. He has ONE recruiting class in his tenure. Leach usually has lousy defenses, too.

So next year, after his third recruiting class are you guys gonna give him a mulligan again? I mean his 2nd class shouldnt count agaisnt him either due to the poor season he just had...AND he was a first year coach...
When does it end?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Help me out. Why would Leach be able to turn an SEC team around in one year yet has never...not one time...won a conference championship on a team he’s been at for significantly longer. I don’t get this logic. He has what...1 conference win in the PAC12 this year and he’s the savior of UT football? He’s last in his division right now...LAST!! And it’s a BAD division and in a conference that’s been down and ripe for the picking for an even decent coach. Stop fooling yourself.

But just think about what he could do in the SEC, with real SEC talent!!! He hasn't been able to win big because he has hasn't had real SEC talent. If he could get in here and get his guys....wait. Who TF am I talking about again?

Would have, should have, could have. We have what we have. Time to move forward with the hand we have.

So next year, after his third recruiting class are you guys gonna give him a mulligan again? I mean his 2nd class shouldnt count agaisnt him either due to the poor season he just had...AND he was a first year coach...
When does it end?

It "ends" differently for some than others. I've already had this discussion. Some have already made up their minds that he sucks, he's in over his head and they can't for him to be gone... but they don't want us to lose any more games because they don't want Tennessee to lose. Makes sense, let's hope we keep winning and then "Fire Pruitt because I don't like him and I don't think he's a good coach. Go Vawls by gawd".

Some, like me, want to wait until we finish this season and see what our final record IS, not what its projected by the future tellers, and see how our 2020 class turns out. I want all of this to before I decide if I want to fire him or give him another year. Here's the kicker. It doesn't matter what I think, he's getting next year anyway, so basically I'm just waiting a few more months before I decide if I'm gonna stay on this side of the argument, or jump in the crying game.

There are a few that will probably give him 3-5 more years no matter what, but its a very few IMO.

I decided not to say anything about me spending thousands of dollars on therapy because of my unadulterated fear of another failed coaching search as part of this argument. Sorry to disappointment, Breaded.

We’d be 5-2 with Mullen

Of course we would, I saw it on my magic 8 ball. Thing is, we didn't hire him.

Its weird how you and others repeat that like its the fault of some here on VN. Its stupid. Its okay though, we all say stupid chit. I say enough to cover for those that don't post so I feel okay about telling others when they do.

The sign of mental midgets is always looking back at what could have been instead of dealing with what is. Let it go people, move on.

Reactions: illvol
Hiring coordinators directly to a blue blood rarely works. Pruitt was a mistake, but the hiring process became a national joke. Have to give Pruitt one more year and take notice of his recruiting. If he loses to to usc, it's going to be tough to defend.

Of course we would, I saw it on my magic 8 ball. Thing is, we didn't hire him.

Its weird how you and others repeat that like its the fault of some here on VN. Its stupid. Its okay though, we all say stupid chit. I say enough to cover for those that don't post so I feel okay about telling others when they do.

We didn’t hire Leach either yet here you are posting in the Leach thread. Be consistent

We didn’t hire Leach either yet here you are posting in the Leach thread. Be consistent

That's what I said, we didn't hire Leach, wasn't sure you were aware.

I was interested in what the HBO 247 thing was about, I didn't know. Is that okay with you?

You don't care about how silly you look with some of the stuff you do, why you care if I don't?

He has 2.

Not UT's fault he wasted a month of recruiting coaching at Bama.

I was pissed he did that, but I got over it. I don't remember him "wasting a month of recruiting" during that time. I remember him doing some pretty good recruiting, and some of that time was the dead period. Did it really negatively effect recruiting? I guess it can't be proven that it didn't, so might as well say it did.

I was pissed he did that, but I got over it. I don't remember him "wasting a month of recruiting" during that time. I remember him doing some pretty good recruiting, and some of that time was the dead period. Did it really negatively effect recruiting? I guess it can't be proven that it didn't, so might as well say it did.
I'm just pointing that out for the "The first class doesn't count" crowd. He's not getting a free pass for an unexceptional first class when he wasn't even focused on recruiting.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol and Behr
It "ends" differently for some than others. I've already had this discussion. Some have already made up their minds that he sucks, he's in over his head and they can't for him to be gone... but they don't want us to lose any more games because they don't want Tennessee to lose. Makes sense, let's hope we keep winning and then "Fire Pruitt because I don't like him and I don't think he's a good coach. Go Vawls by gawd".

Some, like me, want to wait until we finish this season and see what our final record IS, not what its projected by the future tellers, and see how our 2020 class turns out. I want all of this to before I decide if I want to fire him or give him another year. Here's the kicker. It doesn't matter what I think, he's getting next year anyway, so basically I'm just waiting a few more months before I decide if I'm gonna stay on this side of the argument, or jump in the crying game.

There are a few that will probably give him 3-5 more years no matter what, but its a very few IMO.

I decided not to say anything about me spending thousands of dollars on therapy because of my unadulterated fear of another failed coaching search as part of this argument. Sorry to disappointment, Breaded.
You’re right here of course. You have the “on to the next crowd”, the wait and see crowd and the hope springs eternal/ I’ll back coach no matter what crowd.
I guess I’m drifting into the on to the next group. The old maxim is the biggest jump for coaches is in year two or it’s not going to work. While we have seen some flashes, there hasn’t been “a big jump.” And that creates a negative feedback loop, because now recruiting suffers and without better players, things get worse.
If I’m being honest, year two record and recruiting currently has Pruitt looking more like Jim McElwain than Kirby Smart as far as former Saban assistants go.

That's what I said, we didn't hire Leach, wasn't sure you were aware.

I was interested in what the HBO 247 thing was about, I didn't know. Is that okay with you?

You don't care about how silly you look with some of the stuff you do, why you care if I don't?

Nope. Don’t care.

You’re right here of course. You have the “on to the next crowd”, the wait and see crowd and the hope springs eternal/ I’ll back coach no matter what crowd.
I guess I’m drifting into the on to the next group. The old maxim is the biggest jump for coaches is in year two or it’s not going to work. While we have seen some flashes, there hasn’t been “a big jump.” And that creates a negative feedback loop, because now recruiting suffers and without better players, things get worse.
If I’m being honest, year two record and recruiting currently has Pruitt looking more like Jim McElwain than Kirby Smart as far as former Saban assistants go.

You could be right.

VN Store

Back