Have you ever switched teams?

I was a diehard Cowboys fan until I went to several Titans games (during the George /McNair years). The Titans are my number 1,but I still cheer for the Cowboys as long as they aren't playing the Titans.

I started being a diehard Cowboys fan back in 77. They are still my #1 team. I pull for the Titans and have been to several of their games, but I pull for the Cowboys first.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
This month marked my 4 year anniversary of turning my back on my childhood team, the Redskins, and rooting for their hated rival, the Cowboys. DFW has pretty much become home for my family and honestly it is kinda fun rooting for the home team.

My son informed me when he was 5 that he liked the "blue team" despite the fact I pulled for the "red team". I decided that I wanted us to be able to enjoy pulling for the same team.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/nfl-football/117579-i-am-nfl-fandom-crossroad.html
Welcome to the good guys!

Went from a Green Bay fan to a Atlanta fan to a Tennessee fan

When I was a kid Green Bay and San Fransico were the best teams with Green Bay having farve and freeman with Dorsey . Got older and was a big time Vick fan . The way he just turned a negitive play into a touchdown was incredible . Then things happened and Vick was gone so I took the home team and now I'm staying with them even if they are a disfunctional organization and have zero loyalty to there players ( McNair , George , bullock )

I switched from the Redskins to Titans after they moved here and the same with Bulls to Grizzlies, although that one was a bit tougher because I grew up during the Jordan era and got really attached to them.

And I switched from the Blackhawks to the Preds when they were added.

The only one that I could never see changing is the Cincinnati Reds, mainly because my late grandfather used to take me to their games when I was young and they remain some of my fondest memories.

Reactions: 1 person
I switched from the Redskins to the Colts when Peyton Manning got drafted. Always liked the Colts too, along with Miami. Not necessarily a Broncos fan but still pull for Peyton.

Reactions: 2 people
Colts when PM was drafted - then Denver -- will switch to somebody else when he retires.

I switched from the Redskins to Titans after they moved here and the same with Bulls to Grizzlies, although that one was a bit tougher because I grew up during the Jordan era and got really attached to them.

And I switched from the Blackhawks to the Preds when they were added.

The only one that I could never see changing is the Cincinnati Reds, mainly because my late grandfather used to take me to their games when I was young and they remain some of my fondest memories.

Gave up the Blackhawks at the wrong time

Never have with the Eagles but I honestly thought about it with UT this past offseason with the whole Schiano thing.

Reactions: MAD
I grew up a fan of the Big Red Machine back in the 70s. I started pulling for the Rangers in the early 90s when I was stationed in Ft Worth. Honestly I don't really follow baseball anymore. I tried to get back into it a few years ago and it bored me to tears.

@vader is still a despicable human being.

But I’m not sure how much longer I can hold onto Redskins fandom at this point. It’s just apathy for me though. Haven’t bought merchandise in at least six years and now I don’t watch. No desire to cheer for someone else. Just hold out until Dan Snyder no longer has control.

But I’m about 99% done with the Skins. The Titans would be my pick

VN Store

Back