Have the SEC Network on, wasn't really paying attention...

Sub Par SUPERSTAR

All around decent fella.
But they have this gymnastics meet between Kentucky and Mizzou on and I glanced over when they were doing the thing where they swing on the bars and I realized, these are some of the most exceptional athletes I've ever seen, maybe THE best...Simply incredible.

But they have this gymnastics meet between Kentucky and Mizzou on and I glanced over when they were doing the thing where they swing on the bars and I realized, these are some of the most exceptional athletes I've ever seen, maybe THE best...Simply incredible.
Apparently you've never caught the PBA on TV before 😁...on a side note I watched the college bowling championships last year had no idea
tenor (14).gif

My wife is really into the gymnastics thing and OU has a top squad nearly every year. She "indulges" me my football games even though she yells at the players/referees/coaches/TV more than I do and I get to chauffeur her to the gymnastics meets. Anyway, it is ridiculous what those kids can do and look graceful while doing it. I'd end up breaking my ass and quite a few other bones trying to prance across that balance beam much less trying to flip or something.

Why doesn't Tennessee have a gymnastics team? A majority of the SEC schools do.

My niece is rather young, but well on her way to a D1 scholarship for gymnastics. What these athletes do is remarkable. Strength on top of strength. With balance you can’t even measure.
I'm not sure, but the answer probably has something to do with title nine. In an older thread some people talked about us utilising the Tennessee River and have Rowing instead.

I'm watching WWE Friday Night Smackdown which is more interesting in my opinion than gymnastics;):D

My wife is really into the gymnastics thing and OU has a top squad nearly every year. She "indulges" me my football games even though she yells at the players/referees/coaches/TV more than I do and I get to chauffeur her to the gymnastics meets. Anyway, it is ridiculous what those kids can do and look graceful while doing it. I'd end up breaking my ass and quite a few other bones trying to prance across that balance beam much less trying to flip or something.

As someone else said, it is title IX. UT has the Tennessee River which runs beside the campus, so we have a womens rowing team instead of gymnastics. IIRC

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
And alot of these awesome athletes would never get to showcase their hard work and talent without football...and with some schools basketball helping fund it

4146E091-47C6-4BCF-A2EA-3A10C93781D3.gif

Too expensive. Only 8 schools offer if now. Vols got rid of it in the 70s.

Having a women's gymnastics team sanctioned by the athletic department would help satisfy Title IX requirements not be prevented by it.

It's simply an issue of it not being a priority enough to spend the money.

If only weighed 85 lbs I’d be able to fly around like that too

VN Store

Back