Hats off to Northwestern

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
Gus Johnson said not a single player for Northwestern has tested positive for COVID-19 all season. Thats impressive to follow protocol and not make selfish decisions. Now I dont think it will help them today with Ohio State but they have given themselves the best opportunity to make it here by having their roster available every game.

Gus Johnson said not a single player for Northwestern has tested positive for COVID-19 all season. Thats impressive to follow protocol and not make selfish decisions. Now I dont think it will help them today with Ohio State but they have given themselves the best opportunity to make it here by having their roster available every game.
Sounds like they are just extremely lucky.

Cant be all luck. Sure to some degree but no question they have put team over their own stuff. They had to be responsible and not wreckless.
There was probably some luck involved, but they handled the situation very well. So I agree, you don’t have 0 cases without taking the protocols seriously. Props to them.

There was probably some luck involved, but they handled the situation very well. So I agree, you don’t have 0 cases without taking the protocols seriously. Props to them.
You can do the same and get dozens of cases. Specifically what did they do that other teams did not do? It’s Ok to say you are guessing and really don’t know.

You can do the same and get dozens of cases. Specifically what did they do that other teams did not do? It’s Ok to say you are guessing and really don’t know.
I’d imagine they took it seriously. Specifically not attending events or going places that spread the virus. Including bars, parties, etc... Student-athletes at other universities have gotten their teams in trouble for such things, like Memphis after their first game

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
I’d imagine they took it seriously. Specifically not attending events or going places that spread the virus. Including bars, parties, etc... Student-athletes at other universities have gotten their teams in trouble for such things, like Memphis after their first game
How about the teams that did take it seriously but still had cases. Back to my original point and another point someone made, 1) lucky and 2) unreported.

How about the teams that did take it seriously but still had cases. Back to my original point and another point someone made, 1) lucky and 2) unreported.
I said there was most likely some extent of luck involved as well. It’s entirely possible that they didn’t report any of their cases, but I doubt it.

Give me a break. Duke took it as seriously as anyone. Families couldn’t even go into the kids’ rooms to drop them off when moving in over the summer. The kids did nothing but stay in their rooms and work out. Masks and social distancing were always required when working out. They had tons of cases. In my own house I had 2 of 3 kids that didn’t get it but I got it, my wife got it, and one of our sons got it. The other 2 didn’t get it and it isn’t because they took it seriously and we didn’t. It’s a virus. You can’t control it anymore than you can control the weather.

Reactions: onevol74
Give me a break. Duke took it as seriously as anyone. Families couldn’t even go into the kids’ rooms to drop them off when moving in over the summer. The kids did nothing but stay in their rooms and work out. Masks and social distancing were always required when working out. They had tons of cases. In my own house I had 2 of 3 kids that didn’t get it but I got it, my wife got it, and one of our sons got it. The other 2 didn’t get it and it isn’t because they took it seriously and we didn’t. It’s a virus. You can’t control it anymore than you can control the weather.
I don’t care about Duke’s situation or yours, I’ve said it three times now... There’s a measure of luck involved. We can only go off the facts presented to us, and as far as anyone can prove they haven’t had any cases this season. If you’re that bothered by it then go investigate it yourself

I don’t care about Duke’s situation or yours, I’ve said it three times now... There’s a measure of luck involved. We can only go off the facts presented to us, and as far as anyone can prove they haven’t had any cases this season. If you’re that bothered by it then go investigate it yourself
You’re the one that seems bothered. There’s plenty of proof already that shows you can do everything “right” and “responsibly” as defined by people with an agenda and still get it. That’s all. Good day.

You’re the one that seems bothered. There’s plenty of proof already that shows you can do everything “right” and “responsibly” as defined by people with an agenda and still get it. That’s all. Good day.
You’re right. I’m bothered that you replied with your life story and didn’t contribute any new information.

Exactly. Yes there are cases that creep in but typically its when one person breaks code and brings back to the team. Northwestern under Fitzgerald has always played with discipline so to me his recruits buy in to whatever he asks of them. In this case I am confident he asked his players to make campus life sacrifices for betterment of the team.

Reactions: Rockytoptalker
You’re right. I’m bothered that you replied with your life story and didn’t contribute any new information.
Must be new info to you. You don’t seem to understand you can do everything “right” and still get it. Or you can do everything “wrong” and not get it.

Exactly. Yes there are cases that creep in but typically its when one person breaks code and brings back to the team. Northwestern under Fitzgerald has always played with discipline so to me his recruits buy in to whatever he asks of them. In this case I am confident he asked his players to make campus life sacrifices for betterment of the team.
Clearly they’re the only ones that followed the rules. I’m not even bothering to turn the font blue.

VN Store

Back