Has UT Lost A DT

Gosh! That was a position we were thin at already since we lost Mondre and J.T. from last year's team. If Greg loses his appeal, it looks as though Justin will be the starter opposite Jesse, which won't be a bad thing, but it sure hurts our depth there. :huh:

I feel for the kid, if I had gone through the tradgedy he has suffered, I would be in that shape too. I remember that he wanted to come back to play that Saturday. He has a lot of heart, and I hope he can get it straight.

It is easy for me, as a fan, to forget that these boys are KIDS, at SCHOOL, who also happen to play a LITTLE football. I tend to expect some magic wand to mysteriously make the pressures of studying, socialization, and family obligations
disappear so these KIDS can get on the football field and do magic. I remember college. It was never easy and I didn't play any sports or have the attention of 100,000+ people watching my every move. On the flip side, I didn't have the golden opportunity of earning millions of dollars someday if I kept my head on straight either. There must be a delicate balance between "student" and "star" and only the ones who find that balance will succeed.

I don't even know what my point is.

:lolup:

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 20, 2004 10:43 AM
I feel for the kid, if I had gone through the tradgedy he has suffered, I would be in that shape too. I remember that he wanted to come back to play that Saturday. He has a lot of heart, and I hope he can get it straight.

I agree. He has been through a lot. Let's hope he can get it together and make his way back.

It was said on the radio here in KnoxVegas, that he would be eligible afterall. They said that comes from Hamilton.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 21, 2004 2:14 PM
It was said on the radio here in KnoxVegas, that he would be eligible afterall. They said that comes from Hamilton.

Really? If so, that's great news.

VN Store

Back