Has Tyler gone into another career?

A married college coach knocking up one of his players deserves nothing but scorn.

I think Tyler was sufficiently shamed personally and professionally for his behavior, plus there isn't any proof a child came out of the relationship. Grace does't mean a free pass and I don't think he should get another chance at coaching anytime soon. By grace I mean the recognition that he made a terrible mistake and has suffered the appropriate consequences. There is no reason to pile on any additional criticism or judgment.

Reactions: 3 people
A married college coach knocking up one of his players deserves nothing but scorn.

Forever?
He should be written off as a horrible person who won’t or can’t change?
He did not kill someone. He had a consensual adulterous affair with an adult college athlete on his team.
Very, very wrong. But, not illegal.
He wasn’t charged with any crime.
Yet some want to permanently scorn him?
How do you think our beloved Pat would feel about that?
Wouldn’t she be asking for some Christian charity toward her only child. You know that we should.

Reactions: 2 people
Tyler was given a great career opportunity before he was mature and responsible enough to handle that role. That mistake is his to own but I also have to question the judgement of Louisiana Tech's administration. The result from hiring a 23 year old man as the head coach of a women's college basketball team should not have been hard to anticipate.

Tyler was given a great career opportunity before he was mature and responsible enough to handle that role. That mistake is his to own but I also have to question the judgement of Louisiana Tech's administration. The result from hiring a 23 year old man as the head coach of a women's college basketball team should not have been hard to anticipate.

Yes La Tech made a big reach.... But also.... Tyler put forth the persona that he was plenty mature to handle the task... that obviously was not the case,.,,, in the fallout from this.... I agree with the posters who say that what he did was wrong, yet should not interfere with his ability to conduct himself in a more mature manner going forward.... he shouldn't be prosecuted in court of public opinion again and again and again

Some of yall are totally ridiculous. Tyler should never, ever coach WCBB again, and I am quite sure he never will. Not because I have ill will for him, but because what he did was a huge abuse of power and highly unethical. Can you imagine how this affair developed over time to the point it reached? Not to mention he was married and very public about his Christian beliefs as a leader. Showing him "grace" is not something he necessarily deserves as a massive hypocrite, imo.
Also, those of you who say, Pat would want us to show forgiveness or whatever, well, I didn't know her personally, and neither did you. But I am also sure that she would be just as, if not harder, on him, than she was on her players.

Being a 'Golden Child', well really 'The Golden Child' and the role and responsibility given to him I think its fair that he be held to high standard in the court of public opinion.

Now with that said I was 'raised right' and had a considerable amount of privileges as a child and when I was a young man I made a lot of mistakes that could have resulted in changing my life and the life of others in a dramatic and negative fashion....IE, safe sex or the lack there of, and drinking and driving come to mind...and there were others....

What about you?

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't hire him because he isn't a good coach and isn't qualified. The other stuff can be forgiven after time.

Tyler's divorced, living in Knoxville and working on his MBA at UT. He's involved with Pat's foundation and other charitable causes.

He has a college degree and will soon have a master's so he's qualified for many jobs beyond coaching.

I don't know what Planet you are on.
Tyler is living in Ohio with his pregnant "love of his life" who he has not married yet.
He has started a "business" using his mothers fame that is going to "teach" woman how to overcome and build up their courage up to achieve......blah blah blah
Think about that for moment.
He was in Knoxville this weekend and spoke on the topic at a Fund Raiser for CPS Salute for a Cure.
Oh and by the way, NO UT Coach or anyone from the Program was in attendance...... :crazy:

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know what Planet you are on.
Tyler is living in Ohio with his pregnant "love of his life" who he has not married yet.
He has started a "business" using his mothers fame that is going to "teach" woman how to overcome and build up their courage up to achieve......blah blah blah
Think about that for moment.
He was in Knoxville this weekend and spoke on the topic at a Fund Raiser for CPS Salute for a Cure.
Oh and by the way, NO UT Coach or anyone from the Program was in attendance...... :crazy:

He's gross. Still content to milk his mommy's name for whatever he can. Guess he's looking for a new pool of unsuspecting women to screw around with.

He's gross. Still content to milk his mommy's name for whatever he can. Guess he's looking for a new pool of unsuspecting women to screw around with.
Wow. People make mistakes guys, when will he ever stop paying for that mistake? He messed up. He didn’t kill someone!

Reactions: 7 people
Wow. People make mistakes guys, when will he ever stop paying for that mistake? He messed up. He didn’t kill someone!

Totally support your comment here....

He was young.... he stained family reputation.... he did wrong....

but many of us have made mistakes... though not so publicly... that is the nature of his former profession

I wish his the best in all his endeavors

Reactions: 4 people

I know they do. No one's perfect. But considering the magnitude of what he did, it is pretty tasteless to keep milking his mother's name and doing this female empowerment schtick when he was abusing his position of power with young women.

I wouldn't give him a passing mention if he disappeared and went about living his life out of the spotlight. Given he's chosen to go this route, he's setting himself up for the criticism. Sorry.

I know they do. No one's perfect. But considering the magnitude of what he did, it is pretty tasteless to keep milking his mother's name and doing this female empowerment schtick when he was abusing his position of power with young women.

I wouldn't give him a passing mention if he disappeared and went about living his life out of the spotlight. Given he's chosen to go this route, he's setting himself up for the criticism. Sorry.

I don't disagree with you, Amb. But I was mulling it over, and Tyler would never have to work a day in his life. He has millions; Pat left him everything including her ongoing state pension for life.

I think he's probably just trying to make good on what he and his mom discussed about continuing HER legacy. It's not about Tyler but about PAT.

I agree Tyler should really stay far away from coaching WBB and from the spotlight - especially until it all heals.

VN Store

Back