Has Tennessee ever had a starter play Basketball and Football?

Sam Graddy ran the best Fly Pattern in the history of the game. He was drafted by the Broncos in the '87 draft and won Gold & Silver medals in the '84 Olympics. He finished 2nd to Carl Lewis in the 100m and won Gold running the 1st leg of the 4 x 100. He could absolutely fly!
Would have been great if they had still allowed allowed the sticky stuff.

Ha. Even so the legends of years ago are often mentioned. Example is Doug Atkins. Everyone knows him. Why hasn’t this guy who played everything been mentioned more?
He was recruited to pay Basketball for UT

Wow. He’s a legend. How come most of us have never heard of this guy?
haven't studied the history of Tennessee athletics.. go to library and get some books about UT..

Just like youngsters of all generations, they just don’t listen
VOLS have many sport’s heroes, how about a receiver named Larry S. who was a VOL super star ! I was there, Conridge, Willie
GBO

Ron Widby and Richmond Flowers were real play makers, i’ll never forget the great radio calls from John Ward their names were always on the air waves in the fall. Can’t recall who was throwing to them, I believe Conridge and maybe Dewey but had to be more
Ron was a great basketball vol!!
GBO

Not sure I’m a huge fan of this with the new guys. There aren’t many examples where this work out great. Charlie Ward and Julius Peppers are the two most successful I can think of, and they were pretty impressive.

Neon Deon
Bo Jackson

Gault and Miller. Chip Kell, I think. Football and track for all three, oh, and Richmond Flowers. Didn't one of the McDonalds play fb and baseball?

IIRC, Justin Gatlin got a very brief look at WR or Returns. But, it didn't workout for him outside of track.

VN Store

Back