Has Kirby Peaked at Ga?

orangelo

Just some food for thought. Kirby cannot recruit at a higher level than he has the last 3 years. He has all of “his guys” in place. It will become harder to recruit with regional recruiting rivals as Clemson, Florida , and (fingers crossed) Tennessee on the rise. His window is quickly closing to cakewalk through the SEC East. Half the West is proving to be at on the level of GA. He has had 3 years to improve as an in game coach and has done little to prove he has learned much of anything. Just my two cents.

I hate when two teams that I really hate play each other and a meteor does not destroy the stadium as I had hoped.
Go Jacksonville Meteor!
I hear you but I can usually pinpoint which team I hate more. All those times that Alabama and Florida played for the SEC Championship in the 90's? I was always for Alabama. I hated Spurrier... and I never really hated Stallings. When it comes to Georgia and Florida right now, the choice is just as easy. I hate Georgia more than I have ever hated any other college football team. I hope Florida wins. We desperately need Georgia's program to cool off a bit. They are killing us on the recruiting trail.

I hear you but I can usually pinpoint which team I hate more. All those times that Alabama and Florida played for the SEC Championship in the 90's? I was always for Alabama. I hated Spurrier... and I never really hated Stallings. When it comes to Georgia and Florida right now, the choice is just as easy. I hate Georgia more than I have ever hated any other college football team. I hope Florida wins. We desperately need Georgia's program to cool off a bit. They are killing us on the recruiting trail.

Wise post.

In the 90s, for as great as UF and UT were, it was rare that we went after the same recruits.

Georgia and South Carolina were fertile recruiting areas for you guys back then.

Richt, Spurrier...and now Smart and Dabo...have done a good job keeping their HS talent in state.

Last edited:
Florida gets up
Georgia plays dirty
Florida scores
Georgia never recovers.

Kirby still sucks.

If he's peaked, I like the place he has the Dawgs. Won the conference once, the division twice (and likely thus year), defeated the Heisman trophy winner's team in the Rose bowl, played for the Natty once taking the eventual champion to OT....yep no doubt he's peaked. Feel sorry for Dawg fan. Now the Vols, well its sunshine and rainbows for them. They should be bowl eligible this year if they can shake that Vandy monkey off they back.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Just some food for thought. Kirby cannot recruit at a higher level than he has the last 3 years. He has all of “his guys” in place. It will become harder to recruit with regional recruiting rivals as Clemson, Florida , and (fingers crossed) Tennessee on the rise. His window is quickly closing to cakewalk through the SEC East. Half the West is proving to be at on the level of GA. He has had 3 years to improve as an in game coach and has done little to prove he has learned much of anything. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I think he is proving to just be a coordinator.

We shall see...

If he's peaked, I like the place he has the Dawgs. Won the conference once, the division twice (and likely thus year), defeated the Heisman trophy winner's team in the Rose bowl, played for the Natty once taking the eventual champion to OT....yep no doubt he's peaked. Feel sorry for Dawg fan. Now the Vols, well its sunshine and rainbows for them. They should be bowl eligible this year if they can shake that Vandy monkey off they back.
Remind me again who’s recruits he made his best push with. Also are they trending up since both of their coordinators left? What he has done is impressive but his numbers are in line with some of the things Richt did. And he was fired.

Wise post.

In the 90s, for as great as UF and UT were, it was rare that we went after the same recruits.

Georgia and South Carolina we’re fertile recruiting areas for you guys back then.

Richt, Spurrier...and now Smart and Dabo...have done a good job keeping their HS talent in state.
In the 90's we did go head-to-head for some recruits in the Carolinas. There was DT Derrick Chambers from Greensboro in '96 and there was a WR named Steve Shipp from Charlotte in '97 who was supposed to be the next big thing... but was a total bust instead. We did land Albert Haynesworth in '99 from SC.... and later on, you did steal QB Chris Leak.

For the most part you are correct, though. Our competition on the recruiting front is mostly Georgia and Auburn with Clemson joining in about 5 years ago.

Still been a 39 year drought for Georgia

Not happening this year

Jake is leaving for State Farm

No other QB on roster

Mascot is inbreed

Still been a 39 year drought for Georgia

Not happening this year

Jake is leaving for State Farm

No other QB on roster

Mascot is inbreed
Well you cant blame the drought on Kirby. It's only his 4th year.
Dawgs have reserved Mercedes-Benz for the first Sat. in Dec. It's a nice place to play a football game. Not sure if anyone else in the East has enjoyed the experience. Oh yeah, FL played in the Peach bowl last year

Remind me again who’s recruits he made his best push with. Also are they trending up since both of their coordinators left? What he has done is impressive but his numbers are in line with some of the things Richt did. And he was fired.
He gots his 'croots this year, and he has his team, once again, in a great position to play for the conference championship.

I hate when two teams that I really hate play each other and a meteor does not destroy the stadium as I had hoped.
Go Jacksonville Meteor!
I used to root for a tie when two teams played that I disliked back when. At least there was no winner.
Unfortunately, all I have now is to hope that both teams really suck it up and play a real stinker of a game that embarrasses the network that shows the game.

Reactions: OEF VOL and tbh
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Smart has not peaked as a head football coach, seeing as how he’s less than five years into being a head football coach.

Kirby is a good coach def a better recruiter. I have my doubts on his in game decision making especially in big games though. Georgia despite that bad loss to SC East still controls their destiny they win out and win the SEC and they will be back in the playoff.

I remember the early to mid 2000’s when Spurrior had left and Fulmer began faltering and, Bama was down. Auburn ruled the roost from the West and Georgia from the East. Those were some extremely good games before the targeting and defenseless rules. Does anyone remember the CB that laid the WR out? Seems like it was an Auburn DB and Ga WR. But, not sure.

I remember the early to mid 2000’s when Spurrior had left and Fulmer began faltering and, Bama was down. Auburn ruled the roost from the West and Georgia from the East. Those were some extremely good games before the targeting and defenseless rules. Does anyone remember the CB that laid the WR out? Seems like it was an Auburn DB and Ga WR. But, not sure.
You would just about have to be talking about the 2004 Auburn team. That was a great team and they went undefeated but it was the only time that Auburn won the SEC with Tommy Tuberville as head coach. Tuberville's teams only even won the SEC West twice (2000 and 2004)... and Tennessee won the SEC East in 2004, not Georgia. As a matter of fact, the only time that Auburn and Georgia have played in the SEC Championship Game was in 2017.

As for the Auburn CB? You are probably talking about Carlos Rogers. He had a long career in the NFL with the Redskins and 49ers.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back