Has Hyams lost any credibility he had left?

jbuchanan

He was blatantly wrong twice yesterday:

1) He said there would be a Barnes announcement within an hour. The news didn't come until almost 10 hours later.

2) He said multiple times on WNML last night that things were not looking good and Barnes was probably leaving.

He will never live down the Brohm situation, but it seems like he's just consistently throwing out guesses and being overly confident.

Who can we trust locally for news on UT sports? If it wasn't for this site, many of us wouldn't know half as much as we do.

1) He said there would be a Barnes announcement within an hour. The news didn't come until almost 10 hours later.

2) He said multiple times on WNML last night that things were not looking good and Barnes was probably leaving.

He will never live down the Brohm situation, but it seems like he's just consistently throwing out guesses and being overly confident.

Who can we trust locally for news on UT sports? If it wasn't for this site, many of us wouldn't know half as much as we do.

Maybe, but not as bad as the Be-atch dude in LA.

Db1HtIkWkAAHmzt.jpg

Reactions: gnm53108
Hyams will never recover for the Brohm situation.
Feldman basically said the same about the Leach situation and he’s one of the most credible reporters in the national sports media. That search was nuts and I think a couple coaches were all but signed until they weren’t.

Reactions: feathersax

Jimmy Hyams hasn't had any credibility for a while:D

Who can forget this classic "I can confirm - there will be no Orange and Black Halloween uniforms for the South Carolina game."

He guessed, and he guessed wrong. At least he didn't report any of it as fact, that I know of.

Think that many were wrong but Lewis was the first to break that he was negotiating and looked good that he would stay.

Tough to decide who came out looking like the bigger idiot: Ben Bolch or UCLA's AD.

Not tough for me. UCLA's coaching search, from the premature dismissal of Alford to this latest miss, is a dumpster fire rivaled only by UT's football coach search of a couple of years ago.

The AD, no question. John Currie is wondering how he's messed this coaching search up so bad.

Not tough for me. UCLA's coaching search, from the premature dismissal of Alford to this latest miss, is a dumpster fire rivaled only by UT's football coach search of a couple of years ago.

I agree. Kidding aside, their AD has completely botched this search on a level not often seen. It's fun to see a program not named Tennessee making a mockery of themselves during a coaching search.

But I didn't want it to go unnoticed that I think Ben Bolch is an idiot. :)

On Hyams, it really is all about sources. Jimmy lost his a while ago, and hasn't been able to establish new ones who actually know anything. In fact, it kinda looks like someone enjoys messing with him.

Honestly I'm not sure how he stays in his role. His personality is fairly unlikeable, and he gets cocky a lot for someone who's wrong so much. He could do that back when he sources, but now it's just difficult to take.

VN Store

Back