Has anyone else noticed...

KnoxKDX

that Cedric Houston seems to run straight into traffic and just miss pretty good holes by a foot or so? I've watched him the past few games and at first I thought maybe he was having a bad day, but he actually runs straight into traffic and misses the holes!!! Is this a vision problem (literally) or he just not paying attention to what's going on when he takes off?

I don't know about completely missing holes, but Randy Sanders referenced this a couple of weeks ago when he said that the running backs weren't doing anything dynamic when they got the ball. The O-Line has definitely not been as dominant as advertised, but the RBs have to occasionally make someone miss and not go down at first contact.

It is definitely a problem. Both of our featured backs are NOT making people miss. They don't seem to be hitting the holes or running with any authority. I really don't understand how we can have such highyly recruited backs like Houston, Davis, Riggs and Tinsley and not get any production out of any of them. Woody McCorvey = hotseat? And to think that Houston was talking about going pro this year....NOT.

It almost looks like they are wanting to get tackled. They are running timid and that is not how you but the big ones. Yes people will remember the 75 yard runs but real football fans will remember the back running thru or over a defense player( H. walker over B. Bates) I want them to punish that defense and then kill them with speed.

bdbaggins. Glad to have you back onboard!!! How's that dialup treatin ya?

This dial up out here in the sticks is about as slow as Casey running from a Defense lineman :lol:

VN Store

Back