Harrison Smith

OK, I've been holding this since last evening, so now I can REALLY pee into this whinefest.

Several HIGH LEVEL UT coaches were at last night's basketball game to watch Harrison and the "Arish" take on CAK. They sat with several former Vols who have kids at Cat'lick.

Hubbs has already mislead the Vol fans once on this, (that UT was singled out to stop calling) why do you still believe him?

Harrison and family have been absolutely consistent: Harrison will make up his mind and announce his decision in due time. Until then, back the he** off and let him enjoy his last year of school.

I can speak for the ENTIRE KCHS family when I say that we will be delighted even should he decide to go to Maryville College, Coastal Carolina or join the Army. It's been a pleasure to watch a natural athlete do his thing for the last several years and we wish him great success no matter where he goes to school or even if he never dons pads and cleats ever again.

So should you .

... and that goes for EVERY kid (from Knoxville or anywhere) who is going through the recruiting mill at this time.

The very notion that there are people out there (and you know who you are...) that would launch personal attacks against ANY teenager and/or his family based solely on the latest rumor as to whether that kid may (or may not) be going to *insert name here* college is just WRONG on a fundamental level.

Great day, if your world revolves around the thought processes of a bunch of high-school juniors and seniors, you are in a world of hurt and may be beyond help.

"scholl"......another great product of the Catholic SCHOOL system

dont trip, just kidding, I went to them my whole life

well, the girls used to say that I wasnt good, but I was quick.

OK, I've been holding this since last evening, so now I can REALLY pee into this whinefest.

Several HIGH LEVEL UT coaches were at last night's basketball game to watch Harrison and the "Arish" take on CAK. They sat with several former Vols who have kids at Cat'lick.

Hubbs has already mislead the Vol fans once on this, (that UT was singled out to stop calling) why do you still believe him?

Harrison and family have been absolutely consistent: Harrison will make up his mind and announce his decision in due time. Until then, back the he** off and let him enjoy his last year of school.

I can speak for the ENTIRE KCHS family when I say that we will be delighted even should he decide to go to Maryville College, Coastal Carolina or join the Army. It's been a pleasure to watch a natural athlete do his thing for the last several years and we wish him great success no matter where he goes to school or even if he never dons pads and cleats ever again.

So should you .

... and that goes for EVERY kid (from Knoxville or anywhere) who is going through the recruiting mill at this time.

The very notion that there are people out there (and you know who you are...) that would launch personal attacks against ANY teenager and/or his family based solely on the latest rumor as to whether that kid may (or may not) be going to *insert name here* college is just WRONG on a fundamental level.

Great day, if your world revolves around the thought processes of a bunch of high-school juniors and seniors, you are in a world of hurt and may be beyond help.

Nice post and even better point. Thanks :hi:

St.Joe's (Knox) and KCHS ('75). Elder Son&Heir currently at Cat'lick, Younger S&H starts '07-'08.

Father Ryan in 88 and UT in 93 and SouthEastern University (bible college) in 06. When I was in school, there was no public/private split, we had to play all the big boys, these days you've got guys like Golden tate at Pope John Paul padding their stats against a bunch stiffs

Rex, KCHS has moved up to Class 3A. They're in Region 2 along with Fulton, A-E, Anderson County, Livingston, Kingston and Scott Co. Went 10-0 regular season, lost the rematch to Fulton in the quarter-finals. Finished 12-1. Not too shabby.

Out-of-region games included Smith County which went to the semis in Class 2A and Webb which won the Division II title last week.

One of my KCHS classmates married a Fr. Ryan alum.

Doozer, have you checked out the new digs off Fox Lonas Rd?

check em out? i was responsible (one of three really and i wasn't the boss) for the initial growing of the grass on the football, softball, and maintaince of the soccer field. as well as doing most of the landscaping for the high shcool. and we, along with the baseball team, laid the sod on their infield.

i was the last class to graduate from A) the Tennessee Theatre and B) the Magnolia location.

as much as i loved Magnolia (great stories to tell) i wouldn't have minded getting atleast a semester in the new place. it's NICE!

i formerly attended All Saints as well.

that's a trip, I was one of the last classes to grad from Father Ryan when it was in downtown nashville, has since moved to this incredible campus in Franklin

Freak said he's going to ND, so you can pretty much book it
:lolabove: Not at all. I think if he had to make a decision today it would be ND.

Nothing would surprise me with this kid and I really don't think we are out of it yet. The fact that he has not committed to ND yet gives me some hope. I know he wants to come here and the longer this drags out, I think the better our chances are. I'd still like to see us get him and his family for an official visit.

as much as i loved Magnolia (great stories to tell) i wouldn't have minded getting atleast a semester in the new place. it's NICE!

Doozer, I said much the same thing to one of my classmates.

:lolabove: Not at all. I think if he had to make a decision today it would be ND.

Nothing would surprise me with this kid and I really don't think we are out of it yet. The fact that he has not committed to ND yet gives me some hope. I know he wants to come here and the longer this drags out, I think the better our chances are. I'd still like to see us get him and his family for an official visit.

definately would like to get the family for an official visit. this isn't your typical recruiting process. his father is a HUGE factor in this.

i certainly am enjoying the success of the Catholic program. when i went there, we weren't very good, and we played in 1A at the time. i will still go to Nashville if they make a playoff championship game. i think it has to do with the new facilities they have over there and the fact they have better coaching now.

and they are about to make the school bigger.

Yeah, you young pups got all the amenities. The only AC in the building in '75 was in the library and Fr. Mankel's office.

The library was a real popular place in hot weather. Fr. Mankel's office ... not so much!

well, Freak, I just thought you might have had some inside info. My gut tells me ND because of the parents.

does the new knoxville news sentinel article just say he is leaning more towards being a domer? hopefully this will all change this weekend..

VN Store

Back