Harrison Bailey vid

The quicker he gets on the field the quicker HB's learning curve is over, all QBs have them. If he is what most think he is, the sooner the better IMO. We've seen JG peak out, there's not going to be a lot of improvement, he is what he is and where he is. Shrout and Maurer had the chance as freshman last year to take the team and run with it, neither were up to the task. HB if CJP and Chaney think he's ready need to get him on the field this next campaign no matter when it takes place IMO. Many schools including Bama, OU, and OSUhave no problem starting elite freshman at the QB position. It seems we have Debbie Downers at UT that screech the moment ANY freshman starts at any position and IMO they should be ignored, if a youngster comes in and can play better than his competition, get him out there.

Reactions: 1vol8
The quicker he gets on the field the quicker HB's learning curve is over, all QBs have them. If he is what most think he is, the sooner the better IMO. We've seen JG peak out, there's not going to be a lot of improvement, he is what he is and where he is. Shrout and Maurer had the chance as freshman last year to take the team and run with it, neither were up to the task. HB if CJP and Chaney think he's ready need to get him on the field this next campaign no matter when it takes place IMO. Many schools including Bama, OU, and OSUhave no problem starting elite freshman at the QB position. It seems we have Debbie Downers at UT that screech the moment ANY freshman starts at any position and IMO they should be ignored, if a youngster comes in and can play better than his competition, get him out there.
I gave you a like because your post was well thought out, true and also debatable. I’m almost positive that offensive coordinators, qb coaches and head coaches have ALL seen and tried to correct the same things the fan base complains most about. For that I feel you’re right that JG has topped out and I don’t expect to see much improvement.
Shrout I’m not sure was ever given an opportunity to be anything more than a backup. He looked better than expected in his limited play but there’s obviously something more than meets the eye going on behind the scenes with him that makes him less of a candidate.
Maurer was given a legit opportunity and did well with it. Well enough outside of his freshman mistakes that he actually DID pass JG. His head injury is the only reason the door was ever reopened for JG. Which is why I find it odd that he’s being cast aside as not much of a factor to unseat JG in 2020 after throwing only 78 passes. You said yourself that every qb has a learning curve and I agree. So the question is, do we consider those 78 attempts as a sign he won’t get better and scrap him (as it seems most have already done) or do we consider it a head start?
Imo Jg will start as he should. He IS now a senior and with the amount of loyalty JP showed him last year I find it hard to imagine that won’t at least give him another opportunity. But I think the competition is hotter than we realize between BM and HB for what’s next for UT.

VN Store

Back