Harrison Bailey: Is he benefitting from exceptional talent around him? Or is he the real deal?

I think the good thing with Harrison as long as he is healthy is he began a new training regimen his senior year and has seen results. Improved 40 time and strength with some weight loss.

There isn't a player in existence that doesn't benefit or suffer from the talent around him.
Agreed. However there are several on this board that can’t/won’t admit it both ways when talking about qbs. They’ll only admit to the side that benefits their position.

Agreed. However there are several on this board that can’t/won’t admit it both ways when talking about qbs. They’ll only admit to the side that benefits their position.
Like you?

Glad you are finally admitting some things.

He's talented. He was surrounded by great talent. Against most teams they faced, his teams' talent was overwhelming. This won't be resolved until he actually gets on the field at UT.

Reactions: Remy and 1vol8
Like you?

Glad you are finally admitting some things.
Like me? I’ve been quoted several times making the same argument. Ever remember someone making the comment “There’s something to be be said for a qb that elevates his team rather than a qb that needs his team to keep him elevated”? That was me and that quote is directly tied to both sides of the argument. Try again buddy

Last edited:
What if Lawrence didn’t have Higgins?

What if Burrow didn’t have Jefferson?

What if Joe Montana didn’t have Jerry Rice?

Reactions: 1vol8
Here’s a question for those who feel qualified to give me an educated opinion on the matter...

If he’s the real deal frosh still take their lumps...with our OL as good as it is and with Chaney as our OC, is it possible he could be ready ENOUGH against the Sooners to help lead us to a victory? Or is it assumed that we probably have to lean on one of the others for the first few games for him to ease into things?

I realize the competition will be open but even if Bailey is the real deal the coaches might still want to ease him in.

I’ll hang up and listen. :)

I don’t follow recruiting as much as many of the folks on here.

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

I haven’t watched any film or anything.

Should we be worried?

Geez. When you're playing at state champion level in the largest HS football classification in GA, you are basically playing college JV level already. Every single week you are playing D1 talent.

The talent level in 7A in GA is mind blowing. Furthermore, you have teams all the way down to 5A that can pretty much compete with any of the 6A and 7A teams. There is a 3A GA QB starting at Stanford. There have been many go D1 down that far in state classes. And not just lately. Hart County is 3A and has sent QB's to Auburn, DB's to FSU, and currently has a 2021 TE ranked nationally and committed to ND. Even ole rinky dink Rabun Gap has one of the current top ranked QB's in the state. If your in the top 25% of GA players, you're very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remy
I watched HB game against Lowndes. What i saw in his first 10 passes worried me...lots of screens and swing passes...it wasnt till he found Gilbert on a cross that he threw the ball past the LOS....

I gonna watch the rest of it and others. But is that the type of offense the run??

I watched HB game against Lowndes. What i saw in his first 10 passes worried me...lots of screens and swing passes...it wasnt till he found Gilbert on a cross that he threw the ball past the LOS....

I gonna watch the rest of it and others. But is that the type of offense the run??

Well, they were playing Lowndes. And beat them. Maybe they schemed the passing game that way. coaches have a way in HS of telling the QB what play to run.

Reactions: Remy
Well, they were playing Lowndes. And beat them. Maybe they schemed the passing game that way. coaches have a way in HS of telling the QB what play to run.

FYI for those that don't know, Lowndes is Valdosta. The same high school area that routinely appears in the USATodays iist of top high school football programs. It's pretty much for the state of Georgia comparable to Brentwood Academy or MBA in Tennessee regarding championships while being a public school.

Here’s a question for those who feel qualified to give me an educated opinion on the matter...

If he’s the real deal frosh still take their lumps...with our OL as good as it is and with Chaney as our OC, is it possible he could be ready ENOUGH against the Sooners to help lead us to a victory? Or is it assumed that we probably have to lean on one of the others for the first few games for him to ease into things?

I realize the competition will be open but even if Bailey is the real deal the coaches might still want to ease him in.

I’ll hang up and listen. :)

With this staff, I honestly believe they will play the guys that give them the best chance to win. Even as frustrating as it was to watch, I felt that way about JG this past season. This statement goes along with the fact that CJP is VERY turnover adverse and tends to lean to the conservative side with the guys that touch the ball. If Bailey is making high-risk throws in practice, my guess is that he won't see much playing time. It's the same reason we kept seeing RBs get the hook if they fumbled.

Reactions: BadgerVol!
I don’t follow recruiting as much as many of the folks on here.

I saw a fan of another school on Reddit’s CFB forum say that Harrison Bailey isn’t as good as advertised and that he has benefitted from D1 talent playing with him.

I looked into it and was disappointed to find out well over half his offensive production was to two main targets: one being a 6’5 250 lb 5* tight end recruit going to LSU. The other WR was committed to Michigan State.

I haven’t watched any film or anything.

Should we be worried?
IMO, that excuse is a cop out that attempts to negate a QBs skills no matter if I like them or not. Outside of the 5* TE, they dont have another receiving target that was above 800 nationally. Dont get me wrong, to be a top 1000 athlete coming out of HS is still a great accomplishment given how many athletes there are, but its far from the best talent for a HS QB to have. For example, in this class, D. Uiagalelei the #1 QB had 3 1000 yard receivers. The lowest rated receiver of that bunch was 396 in the composite. Point is, it doesn't matter how much talent receivers have if the QB cant get the ball to them, and it doesn't matter how much talent the QBs have if the receivers dont get open and catch the ball when they have the opportunity. The reality is it is the QBs job to get the ball to their best playmakers and score TDs and HB did a good job of that throughout HS. That said, what he did in HS will have no bearing on what he does at UT so hopefully the coaches can coach him up and get him to play with confidence and set the world on fire.

FYI for those that don't know, Lowndes is Valdosta. The same high school area that routinely appears in the USATodays iist of top high school football programs. It's pretty much for the state of Georgia comparable to Brentwood Academy or MBA in Tennessee regarding championships while being a public school.

Yep. Lowndes is the county school. Valdosta is the city school. Valdosta struggled After coach Hyder. 18 years till their next state title in 2016. Total of 24 state titles, 9 natty's, and well over 900 wins. I think they are still the winningest high school program in the country. Bazemore was the coach when I was in HS. Over 50 years with just those two coaches.

For those of you that have conveniently forgotten, JG was rated the number one qb in his class, ranked higher than HB is this yr.

How did that turn out?

Reactions: whodeycin85
I wonder if Bailey’s TE is having 2nd thoughts since the offensive staff and talent will be totally different. maybe should have waited until the late signing period.

My brother and I were talking about this thread today.. He had a idea of a comparison of HB to two top college QBs with their top 3 receivers etc.. Very interesting numbers.. He made this to look at:

received_164713051456268.png

VN Store

Back